Leveling/mob changes TOO HARSH

it can help sell early access to next xpac, or even other acti/blizz games as well, so could be a long term “investment” for them to do this every time and each year people will get FOMO??

Really don’t think people will think of something that menial so far ahead, especially after they’ve delayed season start and raid releases as far back as they did this time after full release to compensate for EA.

true, could just be trying to get the time metrics up there and try to slow everyone enough for season 1 start, which on it’s own should be way earlier than it will be…imo

Its a wow thing.

BY devs and players.

Other games with “easy” pve this is not an issue. Its actually by design. You run top gear to run this faster. To do more, in less time. RNG gods must be appeased. So you find ways to kill stuff faster!

If not wanted, pull off the good gear. Simple really.

Want hard content…go find it. Openworld at this point should be steamrolled.

We’ve killed…

dragons (onyxia alone is a few times), Ragnaros (a few times), arthas, “angels” in SL, their 1-2 steps below gods bosses, demons, demon lords, liches, etc.

Kobolds should no longer be going “you no take candle”.

They should be going “don’t kill me, I have a family. take the candle, take all i have just let me live!”.

2 Likes

Delve 3 is designed for a recommended ilvl of 545+ at level 80.

So keep that in mind, while you can certainly do Tier 3 delves at a lower ilvl and survive, it will take longer, especially post-change. My advice? Go down to Tier 2, that is the ideal spot to be in for Delves as you’re levelling in my opinion.

I whined in my questing greens at 408 in beta. Previous expac gear always makes the first couple levels easy but that was not the issue here.

People won’t even remember this nerf come next major patch, much less when the next expansion comes around

cute that you think that

2 Likes

Lol you think in 12 months and 3 raids, 18 alts of max level and max gear and max renown later people are going to be posting threads about how the tuning nerf was a game changer and slowed them down and how theyre looking forward to buying EA in the next 6 months because of it?

Lol alrighty then

oh, is it? is there something somewhere saying that? if so i missed it completely and it makes a bit more sense, since scaling was fixed, but if there’s no indicator of what ilvl/lvl someone should be, then how can i or anyone know? all i saw was rank 2 is like moderate difficulty or something and 3 was much more difficult or something along those lines

You don’t see the ilvl requirement while you’re levelling, only when you hit level 80, but yeah, it’s fairly tough and takes a while to kill stuff. That was even before the levelling changes. Doable, but rough depending on class and spec.

I only do Tier 2 while I’m levelling, I save tier 3 for once I’m level 80 and have some gear upgrades.

not what i said at all? where are you getting all that from? not everyone will do 18 alts maxed/max gear/ renown, etc. so i see how by saying all this you can make your claim sound more realistic, but really we’re saying people will remember that buying early access made leveling way easier, and nerfed after. thanks for adding the WHOLE expansion and people doing EVERYTHING max, onto you saying “next major patch”
thank you

It’s our fault for not giving them more money.

P2W it seems.

1 Like

thank you for that clarification, so weird that they don’t give any indication about any of that until way later, my alt is a BM hunter, and doing 2 was fast and easy and 3 was decently tougher but still not crazy hard or pet dying all the time…

with that being said, how can we tell them to please add any type of description to the delves while people are leveling? i feel that would quell a LOT of the complaints about scaling adjustment, cause yeah makes sense if content thats supposed to be that hard was too easy, and now feels way too hard, but there’s no way to quantify that

And what im saying is that multiple raid tiers later, after leveling multiple alts, the nerf isnt even going to be a thought in peoples minds.

Hell, even the NEXT MAJOR PATCH (is this better), 6 months later, youre not going to be able to tell a difference between day 2 and day 193

65 - I saved 1 slot for an Earthen

1 Like

Rewards show rough “level” of tiers.

Normal dungeons drop 558
Heroic drops 571
Mythic drops 584

Delves 1-2 drop 558
Delves 3-4 drop 571
Etc etc

the real complaints didn’t start rolling in till the crowd that shunned EA showed up and found dungeons too easy or didn’t like that their tank was soloing the dungeon the people who played early wanted to go fast

i’m guessing that those are lvl 80 numbers? which again you need to be 80 to see, for my lvl 73 hunter its tier 1=483/2=489/3=496.

so how can that translate into something any average leveling player will know? all my gear is 430ish, so they’re all ups and not by huge amounts, right? i hope you get what im trying to say

You have to go get gear to kill stuff. Also need to press your 2 minute buttons, otherwise you’re probably dead.

I went to grab an herb that was next to 2 bees. They almost 3 shot me, I had to blind one of the bees and pop CDs on the other. When I killed it, 5 more bees spawned (?) and went straight for me and I died.

Not sure. Some mobs feel squishy and then some are like Elden Ring levels of BS.