Leveling/mob changes TOO HARSH

Why not just take off your armor? I’ll never understand why people who need things harder don’t just do that. It’s like you must change how other people play not just yourself.

Leveling’s still going to be fairly easy, especially compared to max-level content. I think something that may be understated here is that as you get closer to level cap, it’s likely intended that you understand something about how to play the character you’re leveling beyond just ‘attack stuff until it dies’.

I don’t play every spec though, so maybe some of them are as bad as Legion’s version of shadow was for leveling/solo content and it’s borderline unplayable. But I suspect that’s not the case for most players.

The only silly anecdotes are the people “bragging” about how much they died over and over again in vanilla. Presumably because they were… I dunno, 3 years old, at the time?
:dracthyr_shrug:

Because getting gear is part of an RPG? Why not just fix the stupid scaling where you one shot everything? Seems like a way healthier solution despite people wanting to not play a game they pay to play.

Nope, this is absurd! And now all the other stuff going on. Unless your guild name says Method or Echo we are just giving them money and they just do not care!

It’s for sure healthy to complain about things being “too easy” when you have a way to make it harder. Healthy for them to make changes that the majority of the player base doesn’t agree with. Healthy to wait until early access and those with the best gear are done leveling to make it harder. That makes sense. Very healthy. To be clear I had EA and I’m done leveling but things like this alienate the majority of the player base.

My alt is ilvl 298 YES 298 I just soloed a rare to get a piece of 415 gear. So stop acting like this is crazy tuned for alts, mine is grossly undergeared and still does fine.

I would buy the 405 AH greens to test that but the AH is down and I havent upgraded looms but my ilvl is LOWER than looms lol. Can easily just hunt rares for new gear.

Sure, but that is why those silver and gold mobs are out in the open. Quest doing should not post much of a technical challenge to anyone, especially newbies.

People still seem to be pulling entire dungeons of mobs we might need another nerf

Me again been 10mins went form 298 to now 330 just from killing rares in the first zone. Pretty simple was super undergeared and now im getting close to not being undergeared at all with 0 quests. So yeah perfectly fine. You can stop the doom and gloom

I saw a few level 70-74 480 ilvl dps soloing dungeons during EA. Mop remix scaling in retail was weird.

You can thank the Mythic+ Dungeoners/Raiders for this “hotfix”. They were one-shotting everything in sight, and weren’t complaining in game about “how easy” it all was. They complained on the forums, and got their wish. Now, it’s going to take the rest of us who don’t do Mythic content, much longer to get through the content, while Mythic players will continue to sail through.

Frankly, I think Blizzard needs to re-evaluate their dungeon and raid system. They also need to reevaluate how their scale gear and mobs. They really should take a page out of Square Enix’s book with FFXIV. PvE content there doesn’t have these issues.

2 Likes

There is no doom and gloom. It’s just a bad change that most people don’t agree with. Just because you find it fine doesn’t mean other people are enjoying it. You and I just don’t agree so there isn’t a point to keeping this going. Have a good one.

2 Likes

and you’re playing which class? do you think everyone else is playing the same class as you? come now

Another update: The first zone Isle of dorn basically has a rare for EVERY gear slot so being undergeared is a pointless arguement. I just soloed a few in the 226 SL gear mixed with some lvl 61 gear from Dragonflight. IDK the ilvl the lvl 69 chromie time/DF quests give now but it is def higher than what I used. lol

Hold on there. I was part of EA. And I didn’t have 500+ gear. I had 480-483 ilvl. So the leveling and killing of things during EA for me, wasn’t easy at all. The problem lies with Mythic+ gamers, in their 515+ gear one shotting everything and feeling like it was boring.

3 Likes

Shaman This is her you can examine her

Its kind of odd. I was 75 and evidently fighting stuff that was scaling to 78 and it was still going down pretty easily with demo.
I mean, the numbers in this game are entirely whacko, but you’d think they could find some kind of consistency.

I had EA, and I got frustrated levelling my tank through dungeons when they couldn’t hold aggro over the 2 million DPS warrior or warlock.

Lowering the ilevel scaling is a good thing, it’ll make it more fun when I got to level my next tank and actually get to do something other than walk behind a druid with the zoomies.

I just soloed one just holding down lightning bolt and not pressing anything else. I dont think shaman lightning bolt is that OP ?

My ilvl still 330 btw so im not some uber powerful m+ like everyone is saying.
Oh I have a 68 mage! lets see how he does