Leveling/mob changes TOO HARSH

that’s wonderful! i’m talking about in dungeons over the past week. aside from touch of death, i didn’t see even the extreme examples (level 70 character at 528 ilvl) literally one-shot anything in a dungeon this past week.

tbf, armor and reistances weren’t affected, those are based on lvl of the mob, they only adjusted health and dmg

i mean, in dungeons you 2-3 shot trash mobs, but obviously those would always take slightly longer as they are elite

Can you show me where I claimed I don’t enjoy dungeons?

I’ll wait.

I’m going with good faith here. But Item level(iLvl) scaling affects those things.

Whereas before they were not being affected by iLvl scaling they are now.

nah, they are based entirely on level

ilvl scaling has only ever affected health and dmg, we’ve had it since legion

This is what people are defending, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NET-VUuopDQ

well, it was extremely fun honestly

but they did need to adjust BUT (huge caveat here) they should have waited a week or two

1 Like

Sure, I just did them at 80. Currently clearing all quests.

Is this chart inconsistent?

Is it reduced to 2.2%? Or is it 97.8% of base?

eg, from 100->2.2 or from 100->97.8%

so it should either say 97.6% / 97.8% to match the rest of the chart, or the rest of the chart should say 16.2% increase, 39.3% increase, etc.

You are assuming what a 1 shot is by stating the 100 damage. Its more like anywhere from 5-20 shot, based on the class/spec. so doing 10 damage x 10 to kill a mob at 100, if it goes to 223.2 is literally 2.23 time to kill assuming a static gcd rotation.

if you were pressing 4 buttons to kill it (lucky you?) that’s still now 8 buttons.

for clarification, is that a mob that had 100 is now 123.2, or is it 100+123.2 = 223.2?

Increased by and increased to are subtly different semantically but potentially huge differences. 123% of 100 is 123, increased by 123% is 223…

I assume it is the smaller number because the “nerf to’” vs nerf by seems extreme.

Also, we can see our DPS and stats and mob HPs pretty trivially. It hasn’t only gotten 1 or 2 GCDs harder, stuff I could kill prenerf I cannot kill anymore because my own EHP doesn’t cover the discrepancies.

A gnoll camp I could AE down and tab dot now is steadily murdering me, requiring me to drink/eat after a single pull, etc.

1 Like

Im glad I levelled my Feral Druid before. It was already a slog.

1 Like

it’s it’s an increase of 123.2% so it’s 100x2.32

they also increased dmg, so you get hit harder in those big aoes

I didn’t really notice any difference on a character that was around 420 ilvl at 70-71.

It’s still fairly easy at 70-73 in 500+ DF gear. They didn’t fix that part, they just made it harder for all the people that weren’t geared.

1 Like

Oh no not 4x longer… Let’s see what’s 4x 2 seconds… Oh 8seconds. THE HORROR. Not eight whole seconds.

1 Like

there’s bad takes, then there’s this lmao.

2 Likes

Yes. I’m for this. If they do that, I’ll resub and buy the expansion.

I’m using a fresh alt and still kill before I can even do one rotation of skills lol

the problem is a bunch of tanks haven’t got the memo yet and continue to pull
everything. if you run them like you would normally run a dungeon it really isn’t
any harder

Don’t you know that all chars going through are 525+ geared and were smashing too hard?

I think it is stupid they make changes based on raiders and their alts rather than on how this will be in a week or two when its all low ilvl chars trying to make due.

Most of my alt army never made it over 400 ilvl as I just didn’t care about them. If i wanted to care now, forget it. They would get crushed.

1 Like