Leveling via Dungeons in Shadowlands

Thanks for the clarification. :+1:

Is there a reason for this? As someone who prefers to mix questing and dungeon grinding, this is seems like a pretty lousy change… if it’s a nerf to speed leveling, why not reduce dungeon xp instead of going nuclear?

I’m sure you’ll survive

2 Likes

You don’t HAVE to queue for a dungeon until your character progresses through the quest chain.

This seems like a poor change that limits players’ options, for no real good reason.

=/

Absolutely insane to make a change like this 3 hours before launch.

I’m sure I will too! But thanks for the passive aggressive encouragement.

Love this!!!

1 Like

good move, blizzard, i’m starting to not recognize you!

as someone who likes to mix leveling with the occasional dungeon this change is not welcome.

2 Likes

Makes sense. :+1:

2 Likes

Agreed. I get not wanting to level in dungeons, but this would be like first week in BFA if I picked Stormsong to level in and my guildmate picked Drustvar and then asked me to go help him in the dungeon there I wouldn’t be able to because I hadn’t done any quests in Drustvar.

Even if they just leveled to max using dungeons , they would still have to go back and do all the different covenant leveling quests before they could choose a covenant . So tying the quests into opening the dungeons makes sense.

4 Likes

Oh, I completely agree with you there. There is really no reason to level exclusively through dungeons this time around, even if they let you before hand.

It makes more sense in a timeline sense at least:

Spoilers

Help Bastion -> Necrolords attack -> investigate Maldraxxus flows better than Necrolords attack -> help Bastion while pretending it didn’t happen -> investigate Maldraxxus

so my question, is approximately what percent of a level is doing a dungeon when it unlocks?

What about a source for gear drops, worth that?

Will pvp not work until max level.

Simple things that I’ve heard every possible answer to, so I"d love a single blue post answering such things, and not as obfuscating as patch notes can be to read past the washington lawyer legalese.

1 Like

it’ll be fine as long as the warmode button breaks and everyones gets switched on. the zombie haters will love it.

For anyone abhorrent to this idea, while you’re questing just pretend the open world is a new gigantic dungeon and you’re just soloing the trash.

3 Likes

Does this work across factions? If I level a Horde to 60 first, can my alliance alts use the threads of fate to level?

Love it. I’d personally prefer that we actually have to physically discover the dungeon portal before we can queue for it. But, this is at least better than nothing.

I think I ran the bug dungeon in MoP about a dozen times before I figured out where the entrance was. Makes the world and the dungeon feel more physically connected when you’re forced to walk there.

BG leveling still a thing though