Leveling via Dungeons in Shadowlands

That is some BS if you ask me. Not everyone one likes to quest. And most certainly not everyone is playing for the story.

11 Likes

Dungeon grinding to level is boring anyway. A good mix of quests and dungeons is the best.

2 Likes

I know it is not the best for a lot of players but I really like this kind of history progression.

you have to complete the quests anyway, if you want to choose where you want to be at the end. (at least the first go around)

Seems a bit short notice, 3 hours prior to launch. What about those folks who played beta and made themselves specific paths to follow so they would be as geared as they can to raid right away?

I’m not one of those hardcore players but this is incredibly short notice for them. Its quite laughable actually.

3 Likes

does this include alts on opposite factions?

That’s fine. Just seems like there’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to queue for the dungeon first and hit the quest after. Makes for a nice change of pace sometimes.

You actually have to complete all of the covenants leveling story lines before you can pic a covenant even if you reach 60 before completing the stories.

1 Like

Can you confirm if Vengeance Demon Hunter launching with 25% fewer class/spec specific conduits is intended? Every class/spec combo - including the other DH spec Havoc - has the standard number of spec-specific conduits and I can’t seem to find any info from Blizzard if this was intended or not.

It’s strange that every spec, including the other DH spec, has a set amount and just one spec out of them all has a reduced amount.

Yeah, I dig it. I think this change makes sense.
I expect some people won’t dig it, but that’s just how it goes.

1 Like

Nice change. Makes sense to me anyway.

Forcing us to do all the quests wow

Logically it makes sense. It don’t bother me one bit.

Idk I like it.

This is one of the only changes I’ve seen where the majority approves. Nice job Blizz, I’d say this was a good move. Shadowlands is shaping up nicely.

2 Likes

They’re most likely doing it to keep people from skipping out on leveling to spam dungeons until max, which usually isn’t efficient. Though, back when Classic first launched, almost every top speed leveler was abusing dungeon mechanics except one lonesome mage named Jokerd.

Just an assumption though.

Yes. Those players who wish for their alt characters to experience the quests as their first character did, can do so.

Threads of Fate exists for players who only wanted to experience it once (or twice or however many times they already did it), and with Threads of Fate, you can queue all four dungeons freely from the start.

7 Likes

This is such a bad change…

6 Likes

Good change.

4 Likes

Can’t have it both ways it would seem. Either have everything unlocked via Threads of Fate, or nothing unlocked the normal route.

1 Like