Level squish was worst idea since old world revamp

its also a issue bc they seem to make stuff scale with Ilvl once you hit 60

Yes, that would be how they broke linear math.

1 Like

The idea, in principle, is that everything else scales proportionally. To blame this on the level squish per se is as dumb as saying that 30 C is a lower temperature than 86 F. It is a simple, conventional scale conversion.

Wheter they succeeded or not, is another matter.

1 Like

…which means that 60 should be stronger than 50.

Right now that is questionable.

4 Likes

The squish was good in the end, its more friendly for both new players and alts, the leveling experience is considerably better as well.

It has some issues, yes, but those can be solved.

2 Likes

I’d rather be level 60.

Are there kinks in the system? Yep. They’ll be addressed. But when I’m leveling a new character, being able to level from 10 to 50 in an expansion of my choice is fantastic, and so much better than the previous system of going through small pieces of each expansion until I eventually hit 120 after the long slog through BFA.

I much prefer the new system, personally. Hopefully they’ll work out the kinks. As for old raids, I think the legendary villains of WoW are more engaging if they take multiple people multiple seconds to kill, regardless of how many expansions ago they appeared, but perhaps I’m a more group-oriented player than most.

I feel like they did it so they had an excuse to not have to do any new talents row

2 Likes

Metzen tried. He failed, but he tried. Ion doesn’t care at all. WoW is HIS game as far as he’s concerned. He has a naked, open contempt for his customers.

5 Likes

Classic and Outland are 10-30 (1-30 if you wanna do the old racial starting zones)
Northrend is 10-30
Catclysm seem to be 30-35
Draenor 10-40
Legion 10-45
BFA 10-50

So Shadowlands becoming 10-50 would be just fine.
Plus you’ve got the option of doing pretty much any of the old areas except classic as 10-50 in the same way.

Making it a 10-50 leveling zone and then whatever the new landmass being 50-60 makes sense.

Not at all.

the main thing that’d need to be squished to the lower tiers would be all the Shadowlands gear before.

Have we ever been able to solo a mythic level raid from a immediate previous raid?
I tend to not bother with the immediate previous until another one comes out. Seems like that’d be more like a dungeon group rather than solo.

It was horribly tedious though. Detriment to new players.

I remember people complaining about the very same thing in BFA till you got a bunch of great gear. Once you hit 60 you felt really weak for a bit.

Really you can’t do old content anymore?

lvl squish was a good idea with REALLY BAD implementation

it had more bugs than an trash heap in the tropics

1 Like

The two things you’re complaining about are literally not connected at all in any way shape or form. :slight_smile:

The issue is that old content is scaling with IL and it wouldn’t matter if you are level 60 or if you’re level 120 or 130.

Thank you for understanding this.

yet after squish it takes way more effort to kill old bosses

2 Likes

Please no. I actually get BG to pop for any level bracket. I actually get to complete lore master without having to complete a bunch of grey quests. I don’t have to deal with multiple levels on no new skills or power gains.

The level squish was the best thing they have ever done to leveling. The only thing they screwed up was legion scaling.

Yes… it takes way more effort because the IL scaling is not working properly for high leveled characters. I just explained it scales off your ITEM LEVEL… not your characters level.

so that makes it okay?

It’s not “okay” and I never said it is. I literally JUST said that it’s “not working properly” if you read that at all. :slight_smile:

but Ion said everything was working properly…and sorry i take the game dev take over yours

Where exactly did he say “everything is working properly” ?

Literally no one has addressed the incorrect IL scaling issues for previous content.

1 Like