Level squish was worst idea since old world revamp

I much rather be lvl 130 right now and be able to go back and replay old content as if it was old content rather than being lvl 60 but having so much of the world world broken that you can’t even confidently solo a raid from over 4 years ago.

They’re gonna look back at this like they do the cata revamp in a few years and think what on earth were we thinking.

33 Likes

Those two are not connected.

60 is still bigger than 50. The fact that their math broke that isn’t the fault of the numbers 60 and 50.

14 Likes

This isn’t really a function of the squish though. It’s Blizz not wanting to actually add the buffs on the raids.

1 Like

its connected in way that instead of being old lets say lvl 70 raid you used to be 50 lvls higher it’s now and old lvl 50 raid and you’re only 10 levels higher. you can’t even get yogg into P2 anymore with out using 2 adds, used to be able to get him in one

4 Likes

It doesn’t help that they’re making the exact same mistake: adding 10 new levels without adding 10 new permanent skills. It looks like this won’t be the last time we level to 60.

8 Likes

Can we please have old raids fixed ? No being able to solo guldan is idiotic

9 Likes

i agree, i think i recently addressed this not long ago, where instead of a cap squish, have expansion based level caps so that balancing can be controlled, when you have 8 expansions desaigned around 120 levels, there’s no real way to balance scaling in the zones or instances, i just level to level 5, and every level 12 quest opened up and i was one shotting everything, vanilla need a level 1-60, BC need a 1-10 cap, lich king 1-10, cata 1-5, panda 1-20, WoD 1-30, legion 1-30, BFA 1-25, SL 1-10

The scaling is one issue, but I think the squish itself is the best decision they’ve made since MoP. Telling players to go through 130 levels and the mess of a timeline is just daunting and terrible. The game is far more approachable, and also just more streamlined for experienced players making alts.

Knowing what I know now, reverting the squish, or something like that, would probably kill the game for me.

12 Likes

Yep this is metzens cata all over again. Only difference is people loved metzen. Ion ughh… he caters to his 1% let him go.

11 Likes

I doubt it.
The game is 1000 times more new player friendly. I wish it’d had been what it is now in 2017 when I started.
Leveling thru 120 boring crap levels was pointless.
new players are chased away by it…and established players aint leveling up new characters every other week anyway.

If they regret anything, its going to be that they did the squish in the dumbest possible manner that left them having to do it again at some point instead of doing it the way they made it sound initially which would have meant no game wide squish would have ever been needed ever again.

2 Likes

Cataclysm was the best expansion by far. A large part of that was the old world revamp.

1 Like

It will fix the World if it’s ALL tuned for 60 max. One big lvl 60 world.

What’s so wrong with old content still being a challenge just as it was at max lvl each expansion

Try doing Halls of Reflection if you are sub 50… at the end, you can’t use the portal unless you are level 63.

2 Likes

SO they have a few things to adjust

What raids can’t you do? At 60 I’ve been able to do all raids prior to bfa solo, minus the ones with mechanics that require additional players.

The numbers shouldn’t matter, just cap is cap. The scaling is what is weirdo in some ways. Leveling story was broken no matter what.

1 Like

I fully expect this to become the norm. We get scaled back to 50 before a new expansion. The previous expansion becomes the new leveling area and the expansion that was the previous leveling area joins the others in Chromie Time.

2 Likes

I don’t like squishes for one reason and that is because they never go smoothly. There is always something that breaks that they assured us wouldn’t.

Then we spend 3 months waiting and arguing for them to fix it.

That said, I am really enjoying leveling from 1-50. Having choices and options of where to spend that time is a lot of fun.

5 Likes

Many of us knew it was a bad idea when it was first introduced. However, far too many people have faith in blizzard’s judgment about things like this.

5 Likes

This is part of the Blizzard secret motto lol - “It’s not a bug, it’s a feature!”

:cookie:

6 Likes