Level Anew with Threads of Fate

My thoughts exactly, well said.

Is there a way for a character leveling via Threads of Fate to Party Sync with a character who is on the story quests and have both characters get something?

I wish they would have aborted this new system and put the development somewhere else. BFA alt leveling was fine imo. And I am not one who enjoys leveling alts.

I can not see myself choosing Threads of Fate in the way it is now. It would need a pretty big buff. And the less world quests I have to do the better.

2 Likes

I activated Threads on this toon and I’m finding it very slow. It is really inconsistent what fills the bars, and I’m already sick of dungeon finder. A storyline that was less on rails without being locked like this would be way better.

2 Likes

something to mention here and it’s extremely important:

the “standard” version is going to burnout people so quickly it’s not going to be funny, it will taint the experience of the expansion for sure…

I don’t see myself leveling a 3rd time doing the campaign let alone level 30+ alts… so in the bigger picture I think it’s better to queue, sit and let it go through dungeons…

Why ff 4? Just curious as to the connections you saw cause I missed em

This option is slowed down immensely by the bonus objectives (crossed swords), they take forever to do. Could definitely use some tuning that improve EXP rewards from bonus objectives and WQ’s, and make the bonuses faster.

2 Likes

These threads should really get classed and pinned into “Game Features” or something. It’s too hard for players to hunt down this type of critical game information without being constantly connected…

1 Like

Still no mentions about the mogs to be loss from Blizz?

Warning: I read several accounts on Wowhead stating that if you use Threads of Fate, you never get a quest to unlock your covenant mount and are locked out of it forever.

Can anyone confirm this? Or anything else that we miss out on forever by using Threads of Fate?

2 Likes

Yeah I heard alot of those complaints. And I am not sure if you lose the Mog rewards as well.

I want to pick ToF on my Alts. Slower leveling and losing out on the Quest Reward Mogs are things I can deal with. But losing the mount too? That makes me concerned.

So if I’m reading that right, we can’t do any of the main quest at all even if we want to if we chose this route? Then hard pass. The gear rewards from some of those quests make them worth doing. Then there is the issue of the mount. Yikes!

1 Like

So late Friday night I started leveling another alt, this time to test out Threads of Fate. Just now finished/dinged 60 a few minutes ago.

Here is the “before and after”, for comparison:

https://i.imgur.com/cdpOrii.jpg

The first screenshot (the first box at the top) was taken sometime after dinging 51 and arriving in Bastion, with threads of fate turned on. The second screenshot (box on the bottom) was taken a few minutes ago shortly after dinging 60.

We can simply subtract the “before” from the “after” to get the leveling time…

20 hours / 0 minutes / 9 seconds minus 9 hours / 25 minutes / 16 seconds equals about 10 hours / ~35 minutes

So this seems to confirm that TOF is a little slower than the storyline, which seems to average 8-9 hours on an Alliance character.

sucks to be you, lol. expansion is a week old and you’re more worried about taking 7 alts through the maw to 60 than doing anything on your main before season 1 starts next week…

1 Like

I cant handle the maw walking. Call me when we can mount there

2 Likes

My gads could you imagine doing all of the daily and weekly chores on more then one character?

I dont even bother on one

My main is 175ilvl all caught up and only 2 m0 to finish this week.

I’m not worried about the rest, its pretty easy to do. I’m at 8 alts now, a few over 52-56.

I don’t understand why you won’t give us experience for killing mobs - nothing? nothing at all?

1 Like

This is a pretty significant caveat. Not everyone has a “good/coordinated premade”. Nor one that will be consistent for the full 5-6 hours it will take.

In my opinion it ToF is a bit of a flop as it stands.

As I said in my post … it doesn’t actually feel like your doing anything towards end game aside from the occasional anima WQ or rep tokens. Everything is super spread out w/o bread crumb campaign quests.

Maybe flying will make it “feel” better (when it doesn’t take 10 minutes to run between objectives or side quest hubs)?

As it stands, ToF just feels like a hack you enable at 59.9 to skip the rest of the campaign.

Unless to your point you fall into the “good/coordinated premade group” niche scenario…which even in guilds is probably a minority.