Level 70 Character Boost not usable on Eranikus

This feedback would be better for the classic forum. Development, not CS sets this policy. It would be nice, but probably a set limitation.

1 Like

we discussed the unlikeliness of this earlier in the thread

We’ve been told they believe they’ve identified the ‘bug’ which I think is most likely that this server was created with the fresh server status, meaning you can’t boost for ~180 days.

So it’s more than likely easier for them to change the server state, rather than lift these restrictions for individual players. I feel something like that would have to be done across the board, for everyone. What we are hoping is that they are saying they have possibly identified why, and how to revert the boost restrictions on Eranikus.

It’s funny you mention the fact that Eranikus could close during the 72 hour wait period after boosting because this is EXACTLY what happened to some of my friends. They boosted before moving over because they heard that they couldn’t boost on Eranikus itself and guess what. The server is now locked for transfers(hopefully it’s a bug but since Blizzard borderline hates giving us information about things like this we might not know for a while) and now they’re stuck on Grobb. We wanted to raid 10man in Wrath and if they can’t transfer they’ll probably just quit because they can’t even make a new character on Eranikus to level to be able to play with us.

Unless it’s a bug(radio silence from Blizzard so far on this) you were actually spot on because last night you were no longer able to transfer to Eranikus

unfortunately the longer we all waited the more likely we were to be locked out eventually. They have stated that free character transfers can be closed without warning. Hoping they can open it back up again over the weekend or something, oh and actually communicate on when they will open/close transfers more accurately

I guess it all depends on what Blizzard deems “Not a great deal of warning” means. Because to ME that means that they still give a warning on when it’s closing but it won’t be weeks or days in advance. It would be like “Oh hey btw we’re closing transfers to Eranikus at 8pm tonight so that means you have 5 hours or so to make the jump there.” Not just complete radio silence(i know you’re not defending them btw i’m just more or less talking out loud at this point in frustration). If they were just gonna lock it whenever they should’ve stated that they would give no warning as to when it’ll become locked.

1 Like

“We strongly encourage players who wish to use a Free Character Transfer to do so as soon as possible. Free Character Transfers may be closed without warning.”

closed without warning does not mean “not a great deal of warning”

1 Like

Please note: we will close free transfers to Eranikus when we see it approaching a population that is so high that it might begin queueing. This may occur without a great deal of warning.

This was the one i was talking about. We’re talking about different posts haha. A misunderstanding obviously!

1 Like

yeah basically both statements mean the same thing: “we will give no warning”

which is the issue especially during this time, communication needs to be more accurate and not be vague/misleading

I 100% agree with you on this. Not a great deal of warning is incredibly vague. And while i appreciate the response i got in another thread, say “i can’t share what i don’t know” isn’t really good enough at this point. Obviously CS Blues don’t know what is going on behind the scenes unless they’re told so i don’t fault the CS Blue for that but someone at Blizzard that knows what is going on should be giving us some information instead of leaving us in the dark of telling the CS Blues to “Say that you don’t have any information yet so that they’ll calm down for a bit”

1 Like

We’re not entirely certain at this point, Dillpixel. We’ve sent up an inquiry to see what is happening with the realm and it’s being looked into. As soon as we get an answer we’ll provide an update.

6 Likes

Thank you very much for the info i really appreciate it! You and Orlyia seem to be working overtime with all the server issues going on and all the thread spamming about it so i really truly appreciate the response. Hopefully you and Orlyia get a nice big vacation after all this is said and done!

4 Likes

I really wish those people you are “inquiring” from knew that you and your sleeping panda friend have been out here in the trenches fixing this problem for hundreds of people. You and Orlyia have been doing an amazing job, I just wish the server people knew that this was happening to hundreds of people. They might have planned accordingly.

5 Likes

Can you or anyone on the team please address Earthfury?? What are you going to do with your only PvP server with a low, borderline dead (dont give me medium pop nonsense, it is not viable for Wrath) server? The one you refuse to open free transfer to for some unknown reason?

You would need to post in Classic Discussion. Customer Support does not make those decisions. The ones who make those decisions do not take feedback from the Customer Support forum.

Thanks. Apparently it made the other guy super upset but oh well. Been over 72 hours and I still get the too soon message and that is disappointing.

do you remember the time/date you used your boost? CS can help you verify exactly when you did, if you’re getting that message then it more than likely hasn’t been 72 hours yet

From what I can see, Lufifi, your character boost was acitvated 9/13 22:26 UTC and it is currently 9/16 20:18 UTC.

You have a couple more hours, then you should be good to go. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Vrakthris,

I put in a ticket because i cant boost on Eranikus, but i also cant create a character on grobbulus to boost since i transferred them all. The GM/Customer service rep Abateold sent this to me in my reply (below), but it seems to be incorrect information. Can you help?

I understand that you’ve been unable to apply your boost to your character on Eranikus. I quickly started investigating this for you!

After looking into things, it seems that you should be able to apply the boost to this character and there are no restrictions that would stop this. It looks like you opened this ticket very shortly after making the purchase, so it was still likely processing and not ready to be used.

At this point, the order is completed, so you can feel free to use it. You may need to relog and create a level 1 character on the realm to see the boost.

Why do I get the feeling this person thought Eranikus was a character you wanted to boost, and couldn’t see any restrictions for boosting a ‘character’

this certainly does not do anything as far as the boost working on Eranikus, just for fun I logged out of bnet and the boost still isn’t available for the server. Once again I think that rep was confused by your ticket and gave incorrect information based on the situation

Still no update and it’s 10 Days until the expansion and we still can’t use the character boost on Eranikus.

The window to get our characters ready for Wrath is getting smaller and I can’t help but feel like I’m missing out