Level 58 boost in Classic is absolutely and demonstrably WRONG

Good thing you have no say in how the game is run.

OP seems to be under the impression that classic, and Classic BC will be the same game.

They’re not.

The boost is simply accessing the separate game of classic BC.

1 Like

At the very least I wish they’d offer a couple of fresh servers that boosts can’t be used on and can’t be transferred to so everybody is starting from the ground up… not looking forward to undead rogues with 80 gorillion gold from Vanilla Classic buying epic flight right out of the gate and powerganking anybody who dares to enjoy the leveling experience and the plebs who are still working on getting enough gold for flight.

1 Like

IMHO, this is a good point. If the idea behind “Classic” is to emulate how the expansion was during it’s life-cycle, then it would probably be best not to bring in services that weren’t offered during that time.

no I’ll buy it

I think you can only use once o.o

I was just about to ask this out on the classic live server. I have 2 horde lvl 60s. Mage and a warlock. On alliance side, I have 2 x 60 mages, 1 x 60 paladin. But due to Australian / Oceania servers being very strong alliance side players. I thought would be best to start leveling a lvl 20 alliance warlock to 60.

I quickly googled approx time this would take. Then I notice a link in google. Wait a min. I can just boost him to lvl 58 before lauch. Going to score new gear from outlands thats really inflated stats compared to Classic.

In some ways, it kills me investing any time till then… am I mad? Or its the sane thing to do, due to boost?

Can’t make a Draenei Shaman.

Idk, boost is making me think to just go Restro Druid instead. Classic levelin’ just ain’t that fun when I just wanna play the actual game.

But that what we do in old day. Boost not exist until much later.

I not care about boost. But this not work for point.

Will do. OPens character creation. Selects Blood elf paladin. Oh wait, its not there.

they are learning from classic even for current chars it can be empty in noob ville. The action is at level cap.

I hit up a new NE recently. Its like classic knows teldrassil is gone in retail. Because its a ghost town you see. Its not week 1 where this place was packed.

then you factor in 2 new races not in classic. IIRC they will for prerelease give an xp boosted week or 2 before release to get a elf Barbie girl (blood elves have no males joke goes here) or a space goat up to speed.

Great…what about 3 months, 6 months, 1 year later.

Enter boosts. A fair addition imo.

I want legion classic

I just threw up a little :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I’m surprised they aren’t selling Blood Elf Paladin boosts for quadruple the cost.

Imagine how many 200 dollar level 58 Paladins would swarm the portal…

I’m not leveling through that classic slog, I want to start straight from TBC.

I earned it before you probably even played WoW. If I wanted to play BC again (I don’t because it doesn’t have m+) - then i’d definitely buy a boost if available.

Hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:.

You thought they wanted to earn it, but they didn’t.

1 Like

Please don’t bundle all Gen X’ers into the same pile as the OP. We aren’t all so…whatever you want to call it.

2 Likes

Nope. Don’t do that. Wait until it launches and xp rates are increased dramatically in TBC levelling.

The boost is just a money grab.

1 Like

So is Classic TBC. It’s their only focus and certainly not any kind of surprise. Their here to make money, nothing else matters and they are not shy about it.

Too many changes for me otherwise I would try the game. Classic was altered but close enough while this is purposely going out of their way to alter tbc.