Level 58 boost in Classic is absolutely and demonstrably WRONG

Something something ‘feels’ ‘aesthetics’ ‘authenticity’. There’s no properly constructed argument against it. Idk, and quite frankly I’ve never used a boost and don’t plan to. Classic will be no different.

1 Like

Is it that dead that you are slumming it here looking for friends? Last month when I checked it out it was a ghost town.

MadSeasonShow had a very insightful video citing many reasons why the boost is horrible for Classic. The most compelling is that it’s a massive boon for botting and RMT activities. If you have a good hour to kill, I highly recommend watching it:

2 Likes

Ooooh, so that’s why he is demanding we go level. He is lonely. Now I feel bad. hugs OP

2 Likes

To be fair, there is an argument to be made about botting. An issue that was present even in classic. Bots with the power to boost something like say a druid could oversaturate the ah market pretty dang fast.

4 Likes

In your opinion. Opinion is just that. It is not fact. I think you are wrong, that’s my opinion.

Thing is, they are two separate games. TBC is not being introduced as an extension of Classic. If it was, it would simply be done AS AN EXPANSION in Classic. But it isn’t. It has a separate client and is a separate game, just as Classic is separate from Retail.

Why should anyone be obliged to play Classic in order to be able to play TBC? If they find out, for example, that TBC is coming out in a week and want to experience it, why should they be required to go back into Classic to level up if its just TBC they want to play? The option is there, certainly but having the option to get a character that can play the separate game is fine. It’s a choice.

And anyone who says otherwise is, in my opinion, just being elitist.

1 Like

i earned it like 10 years ago or whatever it was. i have zero interest in playing vanilla again. i do have interest in playing tbc. boosts are a thing. deal with it.

3 Likes

That’s a fair argument, and I could sympathize if that were the concern. YOU GUYS ARE FAT AND LAZY AND SUCK, not so much. :slight_smile:

We all know they’re doing it for money, you think they’re gonna be like “You know what, it IS against the spirit of the game. Sad face. :frowning: We will remove it immediately.”?

I think we can all agree probably not.

Weird, I thought this was the WoW retail sub and not the outdated peasant Classic GD…

Why are you posting this classic crap here???

Classic players aren’t known for being persuasive and more known for being “gO to rEtAiL” toxic players sadly haha.

If someone want to play TBC but not Classic, how is it wrong?
It is simply an option to bypass the lost era of Azeroth.

Which I find incredibly ironic given that it was touted as being ‘all about community’. If that is the community then maybe it is good it died. :stuck_out_tongue:

I leveled 6 toons in vanilla pvp servers, so if I decided to do TBC, I would definitely boost, since I already did the work.

1 Like

didnt boosts become a thing in WoD?

if so its kinda weird to have them in BC.

im just going off the wiki about boosts tho, maybe its wrong.

If we’re being accurate, Late MoP. So basically near the transition into WoD

I did the work back in 2006

I don’t feel the need to do it again

3 Likes

If you want to use addons from 15 years ago and google cached versions of Thottbot you’re welcome, but I think most people are happy to use new developments to play BC Classic.

1 Like

Lol nah i play to do endgame content, not to level. Levelling should be optional content

1 Like

The best compromise I have seen is the clean slate server method. Servers that are entirely fresh, with no transfers allowed from classic and no boosts for at least a certain period of time. Of course not every server would be like this, but I think it would be a great thing to add as there is a lot of desire for it. See this thread.

1 Like