Level 1 Sergeant?

Perhaps I misunderstood, but is this not technically true? Bracket inflating makes it easier for a faction to acquire ranks and thereby acquire rank rewards, which can be used to gain a competitive edge in PvP.

The material impact of this would be completely negligible, of course. Nonetheless, it technically is still a competitive advantage - however slight. Which means that you can’t argue in good faith that it is “victimless” or that it “benefits everyone”.

Is it my job to post the rules when they are clearly stated on Blizzard site? You are the one making a claim that something is against the rules and you cant even find the rules to cite the rule that is supposedly being broken?

Seriously just go read the rules.

Except they’re not. “Cross faction collaboration” is indisputably against the rules, but you (and others in this thread) have made some bizarre conclusion that where you break the rules but do so without creating a “victim” then said rules don’t apply.

Correction: I note as of 2012 that cross-faction collaboration / collusion is no longer expressly stated as against the rules.

1 Like

Cross faction collaboration actually is not against the rules…

The rules are available on this very site please go read them before making dumb claims.

From the Blizzard code of conduct: Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action.

In any fashion. Not where it creates a victim. Note that the CoC goes further to differentiate between “Cheating” and “Exploiting other players [as] an equally serious offence”.

Thus, Blizzard notes it is possible to cheat without exploiting other people, and doing so is still an offense.

Ok cool cheating does not require a victim luckily this is not cheating this is playing the game.

Can you read?

Seriously right before it mentions win trading it talks about how exploiting other players is against the rules and lists it as a possible way to exploit other players.

“Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.”

notice how they qualify it at the end. requires someone to be a victim.

Nice attempt at gaslighting. You have been making categorically incorrect statements all thread and are now glossing over that you were lying about what is contained in the CoC.

Also in the CoC under subcategory of Cheating: “…win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh punishments”.

1 Like

It doesn’t state it requires there to be a victim. It clearly differentiates between “victimless” cheating which is still an offense, and exploitative behaviour which is also an offence.

Note also keyword “may” degrade player experience. Not must degrade, as you are falsely claiming.

Once again: I really don’t care, and seemingly neither does Blizzard. But you are categorically lying when you suggest the CoC condones this activity.

love how you ignore the first part of the sentence where it says exploiting other players… pretty hard to do that without someone to exploit.

learn to read.

the CoC doesn’t condone anything, it just does not say this is a problem behavior which is all it does.

It’s okay, I accept that you never went to college and can’t comprehend terms of service.

1 Like

might want a refund on your college if you cannot read something so simple.

We don’t have college in Australia.

If you went to college, you’d know that.

Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense
please tell me how does one exploit another player without a player to be exploited?

I can read and understand English just fine, and I am not sure why something that requires middle school reading comprehension would need college(university) level English?

People who report pool parties should permanently have their character name changed to Karen.

1 Like

I’ll answer your question with another question, since you are so proud of your command of the English language: do “may” and “must” mean the same thing?

“…anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties” [Emphasis Added]

Also, applying a accepted legal principle in the West: expression unius est exclusion alterius. Or, the inclusion of one thing is to the exclusion of others. The fact that Blizzard’s CoC differentiates between exploiting other players and cheating means, and specifies that exploiting other players may be considered (but not necessarily must be present), Blizzard considers these to be separate but related offences. You don’t have to hit all the criteria for both in order to be in breach of the CoC.

Thus, you can breach the CoC for cheating/exploitative behaviour without adversely impacting other players.

Yes you can cheat without adversely affecting others and still be cheating.

However this is not in any way cheating…

It also cannot be exploiting other players because there is no player being exploited.

So what rule is it breaking?

Okay, I’m done.

Seriously how is this cheating? they list all the things that would be considered cheating.
“Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game” Nope
“exploiting bugs” Honor system is ranking all players who pvp(by getting 15HKs in a week) it is working exactly as designed and pvping on multiple characters is part of the system.

“engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage” considering that pool parties give every person in the pvp pool the same boost no advantage is gained, so not this.

“Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense.” no player is being exploited all parties know what is happening and no one is being disadvantaged.

“Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.”
Its not scamming
Its not account sharring
Its not win-trading
and no one is having there gaming experience degraded.

So please tell me what rule is being broken.

The definition of cheating doesn’t say that its a benefit that applies just to the person doing it. You could cheat to benefit a group of people. You can also cheat the game itself. If you don’t follow the rules of solitaire you are still cheating but it doesn’t affect anyone else. The definition of cheating does mention dishonestly though which is what everyone trying to act like pool parties were an intended game mechanic are being. I personally don’t have a problem with it and have done it, but man just be honest with yourself while you do it.

1 Like

Isn’t it? Artificially inflating the honour pool to make it easier to gain and maintain ranks, by giving free kills to members of the opposite faction. Sounds a lot like “win trading” to me.

In fact, several people in this thread have gone to lengths to describe how pool parties make everyone a winner, so to speak. Trading wins for wins is still win trading - the fact that there is no negative consequence for dying (as there would be in nearly any other competitive online game and which would discourage this type of behaviour) does not mitigate that.