Let's talk pvp for real

There never should have been cross server queues. That was the dumbest move.

It theres faction imbalance on a server, the overpopd one owns world pvp and gets longer bg queues. Thats vanilla. Now blizz just spread the imbalance evenly to every realm for bgs.

2 Likes

The only reason that’s not a good idea is because it only fixes half the problem. It doesn’t fix alliance being grossly outnumbered in world pvp. Mercenary mode would be a giant middle finger to alliance players on pvp realms. There would be no reason for any alliance to stay on any pvp realms except heartseeker, and you get retail pvp realms where every server is 99/1. Obviously nobody wants that.

2 Likes

exactly. someone that actually played the game. all these trolls in here who think they know crap and continue talking out of inexperience gets annoying fast

1 Like

Say what? The most liked post on these forums is all about how 1.12AV is a terrible idea.

i havent seen many threads about it, i have however seen a couple of posts about it but nothing that screams massive backlash

Immediate backlash from way back in March. Over 1,300 likes.

1 Like

oh i guess there is a outcry over it, fair enough.

so i skimmed the thread, seems the earlier AVs dragged out for a long time, you probably wouldnt get any honour from killing the opposite faction after a while, why would any one bother doing it?

People in wow only take the path of least resistance. Atm that’s AV spam. The honor system rewards pure time investment, not skill. AV premades are significantly more efficient honor/hr than WSG so that’s what people do. I agree WSG is more fun, but it’s not the meta. You’re never gunna get the 2005 meta back because it’s not 2005. And same server BG’s won’t fix the faction imbalance in pvp. It’ll just mean people on some servers will be better off, while others can never pvp.

Zydax did you play vanilla wow? because you have no clue of what you are talking about

it doesnt matter whether he played vanilla of not, this is what you have whether you like it or not, i dont know how if he played old vanilla wow or not invalidates what his said.

1 Like

“Doesn’t matter whether you like the Spy addon or not, it’s not changing”

is that the only thing you took from my quotes is my personal attack against him? Stop white knighting

gonna be honest i dont know what that is

edit: googled it, sounds useful downloading it now

you are at a computer use google and type it in

the only thing you got from mine was me defending him? youre stuck with 1.12, how you gained honour in 1.5 or which ever patch is irrelevant.

1 Like

I don’t get you’re point? We don’t have pre 1.11 pvp. So my point stands. You’re never getting it back. There’s no way to fix the classic meta short of nerfing AV honor, or increasing alliance queue times to make WSG more efficient.

We’d all be better off with a broken AV and forced WSG pre-mades.

2 Likes

Maybe you’re right. I wouldn’t mind more WSG and AB when it’s out. The AV spam meta blows.

I’m honestly impressed. I should have known a gnome actually did put some real math behind their estimates. Lol.
Most here don’t and just pull numbers from the void. Well done.

Even if it’s really inaccurate at least I put forth an effort lol

1 Like