Let's talk about Moonkin

i didnt argue against them twice. the second time i said it doesnt matter what you bring to the entry raids, which means balance and literally anything can come along

Raiding is a means to get gear. Your healers are raiding to get pvp gear. Yes they also get pve healing gear but when you’re out in the world you can’t heal people to death. If meme specs are in the raid they had better not get priority for that pvp gear over the healers. If they do your healer core is going to get pissed off and move to another guild or start their own guild by poaching from the current one. Same thing goes for ret paladins taking gear and the tanks getting pissed off and doing the exact same thing.

1 Like

Oh, that dance, though

< swoons >

1 Like

Same thing can be said about having additional warriors and mages. The tanks and healers will have to wait longer for their gear and wouldn’t they still get pissed off?

1 Like

I’d take one to a raid.

Also - You’ll have no problem whooping on that Melee Hunter guy!

He is a national treasure and he must follow his dreams.

1 Like

This soon to be cat durid looks forward to seeing the moon kin durids from moon. Doing moon things while I fite. Durid frans salute you, Alamo, wherever you are.

2 Likes

So hypothetically on a private server, a good friend of mine who played moonkin and was always a top 3 finisher on the meters in TBC - Cata raids, one the best dps players I’ve ever known, was recently asked to switch to moonkin by the leaders of his raiding guild on this hypothical private server. The top dpsers in the guild are mages, and they wanted the buff for that group. He did one MC raid, and he said it was awful, worse than he imagined. He finished like 2nd to last in overall damage (just ahead of the tanks). He was so embarrassed that he asked to play another spec, any spec.

This is a guy who loves playing moonkin more than any other class/spec, and was given the green light by his guild, but it was so bad he didn’t want to do it. He is going to roll a mage in Classic instead.

So anyone thinking oh it’s really not that bad, I’d say yes, it probably is that bad.

TBC moonkin played a bit differently than vanilla moonkin.

Nope, different for a couple reasons. A boomkin will compete with the healing druids for tier gear in phase 1, which neither will use in any serious amount for pve but they will in pvp. All the healers for Aurastone Hammer. Once your big dog casters have talisman of ephemeral power you’d be smart to start letting healers get it every now and then too before some of the newer mages/locks.

Ret is even worse than boomkin for the raid. They have the same problems above competing with paladins for tier gear, but they also use 2 handers, which warriors will expect for pvp.

The biggest problem? Your tanks and healers are indispensable for the raid. A boomkin or ret absolutely is not.

If a tank or a healer is going to try and hold a raid hostage over not getting gear they wouldn’t even be using in the raid over someone who would then they can gtfo. There are other players who can tank or heal.

3 Likes

I didn’t read. Please speak English. That is so bad.

1 Like

Actually those other players are currently in meme specs being carried.

The whole raid is being carried. Single people do not complete raids by themselves.

3 Likes

You have some serious hybrid hate. I’ll be happy to bring ferals, moonkins, shadows, rets and prot pallies to my raids. I’ll take any spec as long as they put in effort.

4 Likes

As a healer main back in vanilla, and as someone who is going to be rolling a different healer this time around, I am trying to make you understand that by doing so you are destabilizing your guild before even entering a raid because the people actually doing the lifting will be incentivized to seek better options elsewhere.

The only one destabilizing guilds are those who are so adamant at not getting their way that they’re do anything to spite their fellow guildmates.

4 Likes

Prima donnas, theres always one in a guild.

As someone who will most likely be a holy paladin, i’d gladly take a moonkin in my group. 3% spell crit for a few paladins way out weighs the lower dps. Before you say it. Even with all the paladin not going holy, there will be plenty of paladins, My old guild in Vanilla cleared BWL with 14 paladins one night. I look forward to our new ret overlords.

3 Likes

And they’re usually ones that get gkicked quick or cause the entire guild to fall apart.

2 Likes

I actually prefer caster form druid to moonkin in classic. I feel like the gains you can get from the Resto Tree just make your character so much more well rounded than the minor gains from going all the way down Balance. But hey, if you want to be a big fat chicken, go for it.