Let's talk about Moonkin

I think Boomkins will do well in classic. using a mana pot and innervate you can get 60+ straight starfires if you have enough intellect.

2 Likes

Play a Moonkin because that aura you have will force raids to carry, at least, one of you.

Just because you have a 31 point talent, doesn’t mean it has to be used when raiding. There are many situationally useful 31 point talents that are not selected by most players in their raiding specs (e.g. lightwell) because those situations don’t occur in raids.

1 Like

What about the Blade of eternal Darkness? I heard that Boomkins want to have this item for MC, is it really that good?
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=17780/blade-of-eternal-darkness

1 Like

It’s your subscription, play what you want.

1 Like

GTFO with your dad jokes

4 Likes

Actually it isn’t because they just go oom, even if they didn’t go oom their dps along with their buff isn’t enough even theorycrafted to beat a any other dps that tries half as hard to compete.

Stop setting people up for failure. I swear posts like these are driven less by hopeful optimism and more by pure sadism. If I broke one of your legs and gave you a crutch could you still run a marathon? Sure. Don’t tell people moonkin is a good idea. Its not. Balance is good in pvp. Not moonkin. If you are 100% deadset on dpsing in raids don’t roll a druid.

1 Like

Progressed a few bosses into Naxx before 2.0 was released. We had a moonkin who did fine. Dream big, yo. Just be prepared to work your butt off for it.

6 Likes

It really depends on how often it procs (and also if it scales with spell damage).
There are other weapons that are easy to get that have guaranteed mana return stats on them and some also have increased damage.

7 Likes

Here’s a thought… instead of playing a moonkin, play a druid.

use a dps spec for leveling. tank or heal 5 dungeons, and heal raids. Play whatever role best helps the group to succeed.

Then one night when you show up as moonkin for a ZG or AQ20 pug, no one will bat an eye because no one would expect you to respec for a 20-man.

6 Likes

elemental shaman do more dps and healing, they have mana issues too though

You absolutely should not be stacking spirit. Just like healing classes, if you have mana regen issues you should be downranking your spells.

Downranked spells + spellpower gear will do more dps and take longer to go oom that max rank spells + spirit gear.

the problem is that downranking dps spells is a flat out admission of a huge dps hit.

Or be like those delusional moonkins who have convinced themselves that every Vanilla boss fight will be so fast and easy that moonkins never go oom.

Counter point. Play what you want and find a group of like minded people. Not everyone wants to play as you wish.

6 Likes

In pre-raid bis, it’s not 60, but it’s close to 60 (177 seconds) with full flasks and raid buffs. The problem is that it’s still crappy dps.

Take away the flasks because who flasks for moonkin dps and now you’re down to 125 secs (41 starfires). If you downrank to Rank 5 Starfires to last a 3-minute fight, you take a 15% hit to your already weak dps.

1 Like

feral is better for dps, even that takes more work than its worth

if you love having to farm a lot more than other players in order to do middle to low pack dps you might like feral

It’s because many people will want to, simple as that. Saying someone who wishes to play balance to go play feral instead, to a lesser extent, is to tell them to just play a warrior. There will be plenty of guilds that will not take you but there will also plenty that will.

Why play any dps except warrior or mage? They’re the top of the meters no? It’s because not everyone wants to. This thread wasn’t a you should let every moonkin into your raid thread. Instead, we know moonkins have problems, how can we work around those and have fun.

4 Likes

im not trying to stop the people that really want to play balance, they will play it regardless and raids are not the only thing in the game

you did say a lot about raids in the OP though. tbh you can take 39 or less people to the tier one raids. you dont have to make an argument for bringing hybrid specs to those

This forum is awash with people stating that only meta specializations are the only one taken to any raid. Goes back to the optimal vs viable argument. I’ll state again this thread isn’t to convince people to take druids but a place to discuss how to work around the issues of the balance specialization.

You’ve now made the argument against them twice when that’s not what the point of the thread was. First telling people to just go feral instead and now to not care about raiding because it’s not the only thing in classic. We all know raiding isn’t everything but there are many people that will want to choose off-meta specializations and hope to raid as them.

Let’s not discuss whether or not you should bring a Moonkin but discuss how to best effectively play as one in a PvE environment. I’ve brought up what i feel can be a solution to many mana issues, what else can be used to help any want to be Moonkins out there?

Im no expert on this, i’m just looking forward to play different things. Would be nice to discuss how to help these non-meta builds.

4 Likes