Let's talk about Moonkin

The only thing you can get from the resto tree that you couldn’t otherwise get is Nature’s swiftness and that’s not that big of a bonus for PvE. Everything else is a healing talent.

I’ll agree with you on that one, the Moonglow/Nature’s Swiftness build is awesome.
Mainly only would use that in PvP though. Lose out on too many plus % damage talents.

1 Like

Correct. But what I’m saying is you gain more healing for going deeper resto, than you gain damage for going deeper balance leading to an overall more versatile character. You won’t be the best, but you will be quite capable.

Well yea, moonglow spec was particularly a healing spec anyways.

It’s just my preference. I’m not throwing shade at the boom chickens. Other than their aesthetics.

I understand that, moonglow makes a great hybrid spec that mainly heals but can fill in for DPS but a lot of people who bring a druid for DPS are going to want the aura that goes with it.

1 Like

Every raid needs a wing- chicken.

2 Likes

That’s too bad, likely before your time.

Assuming you’re okay with being fodder. Vanilla was the most “Raid or Die” era of WoW’s history.

I do feel bad for those who like moonkins and I wish the classes were a bit more balanced in Vanilla, but it is what it is. I know folks here want everything that Vanilla was, warts and all.

But even so, we all have our own preferred fantasy archetypes. I’m fortunate that mine tends to be “dark spellcasters”. That the Warlock class is pretty well designed, most of its specs are viable in some capacity and can easily take you to a Naxx clear. I genuinely do feel bad for those who prefer other archetypes, only to find out that their preferences happened to lose that Vanilla lottery. That if someone likes being a blade-swinging crusader of justice, they’ll have to either sit out on the sidelines, unable to gear their character up because no one wants a ret paladin, or accept not being that crusader and sit in the back wiggling their fingers with their pacifist priestly brethren.

I can relate to this sentiment as well, my first character was hunter, I loved aim shot Marks, when I got trueshot aura to buff my comrades I felt even more special. It was however interesting to later learn, and have a shift in meta once acquiring enough agility, that Survival was a new spec to try out!

Moreover, BM was a spec everyone said was less than ideal, to put things lightly… then I saw a video of a hunter running around EPL ganking clothies WHILE being 50-60 yards away. Holy cow how funny for him and how frustrating that must have been on the other end LOL. Play what you like, you’ll find a way to be good.

1 Like

U no spek Durid?

Frankly, I thought that was totally on character. I just had a bare tell me what to do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

…Stolen and re-posted to guild website

1 Like

If you want to play one go ahead, they are still useful in pvp.

Main reason moonkins are not used is because hear of the legendary oomkin are decide were not taking them because we are edge lords.
Tbc did moonkins good kinda and wrath a lot more.

Either way if your taken then be sure to use every mana item possible to be on top

Boomkin is fine if you use inervate on yourself. Healers shouldn’t need it anyway, they should know how to manage mana.

1 Like

Boomkin isn’t far behind frost mages. So if your raid takes frost mages, you won’t lose out by taking a boomkin, unless those mages and warlocks are being greedy for gear.

1 Like

I lol’d pretty hard.

1 Like

Man the amount of salt deposits in this thread, it makes the onions look like filthy casuals.

1 Like

Until sometime after phase 6 when people stop giving a crap about racing through raids.

In modern WoW, you have different difficulties of content, but in Classic you have content you can do and content you can’t. Personally, I’m fine if I don’t see past clearing BWL. Not very interested in seeing goopy bug world or the hair-pulling of 4 horsemen.

The thing is, you don’t necessarily need to complete a raid to benefit from it, either. You could have only completed BWL, but still farm some of the easier bosses in AQ and Naxx. Even the gear that drops from trash in Naxx is pretty darn nice.

There is nothing in the game telling you that you have to raid, and efficiently so at that; that is something entirely player-driven, a self-made problem that will solve itself when phase six has sat around stagnating for a while and people stop giving a crap about racing to the finish line, being copy/paste NPC’s, and can actually start playing the game as an MMO RPG.

1 Like

Useless. Dont roll one.

Surprised no one’s mentioned it, Darkmoon card: Blue dragon… Equip: 2% chance on successful spellcast to allow 100% of your Mana regeneration to continue while casting for 15 sec.

If mana is an issue, that trinket will help…

1 Like