Lets Revisit Why There is a Black Lotus Problem

Playing the game as it was intended without having to force people to farm for 5 days just to afford consumables?

The market is controlled by botters, because the supply has been cut to a tenth of what it should actually be for all of the herbs that should be spawning in AV. What don’t you get about this? It’s about making the state of the game healthier and better for everyone.

You are literally siding with making the game worse.

You just don’t want to admit someone on the internet is right, and can’t fight the urge to argue against them.

I’m out, you are just a handful of trolls that want things to be worse for everyone.

For me, personally, I’m curious as to just how much of an impact it might have. We currently have cross realm AV, so would we continue with that, or have server-specific AV only, with herb spawns?

With Alliance queue times being what they are, would this perhaps encourage more people to play Alliance?

Do we run some numbers and see how much of an impact it might have, economically? Do we speculate about how it may change player behavior in AV or what other changes (such as server-only BGs) could also be made?

Already plenty of horde rerolling alliance now that ZG and AQ20 are upon us. The shift has begun.

you dont need black lotus, at all, to play wow

this isnt a problem

1 Like

you don’t need anything to play wow. what’s your point?

I’m not siding with “making the game worse.”

I just don’t think AV is the solution to black lotus, nor is your claim correct that a “no changes” version of 1.12 would have BL in AV.

I mean so did I and you’re wrong. They were removed in patch 1.12 in vanilla
Classic is patch 1.12. Classic doesnt have av herbing.

This isn’t exactly rocket surgery my dude

1 Like

Yea… Alliance already lose 95%+. Botters herbing in Av is just the thing to push the win rate to an even 0%. This is a great plan!
:roll_eyes:

The best way to fix black lotus is to add more (a lot more) spawn locations (as it is incredibly way too easy to camp the ten or so locations in each zone) and speed up the respawn rates to match a vastly higher populated server compared to vanilla servers. Increase all resource respawns to match population really. Adding herbs to AV will change very little.

It wasn’t a plan. It was a question.

Well dont actually know, because blizz doesn’t publish numbers anymore, but I’d bet vanilla had way more total players than classic does. The difference is it’s a much different community. Also earlier in vanilla BL was also available in WPL, felwood, AV, un’goro, and azshara iirc. So we have 2-5 times the original server populations, and half the number of lotuses. Yes it true to 1.12, but it’s not working out very well.

Classic raids are not nerfed, or tuned down. Class revamps and updated gear are the big reasons MC and BWL feel undertuned. For instance when MC was current there was no such thing as dps warriors. Not because people didn’t know about them, but because they weren’t good. Warriors didn’t dps untill after their revamp, which was 1.6 I believe, and it took time for it to catch on. Warlocks were hot garbage until their revamp as well. Also all gear is in its 1.12 state, so dungeon gear is significantly better than it was in vanilla. We also have 15 years of theory crafting. There’s items that were completely overlooked in vanilla that are clearly BiS now. Hindsight is 20/20.

I did not know they spawned in those zones pre 1.12 - that’s good info to have.

So how do we stop botters that load into AV, rush to the herbs, then /afk?

How does 5 spawns of Lotus per phase of AV actually significantly reduce inflation?

We do know.

1 Like

They would be gone quickly though, and then the game would go on. I wouldn’t think they would respawn throughout the game would they? I didn’t see it in Vanilla so I’m not sure.

1 Like

afaik they spawned at the very beginning of the AV and that was it. So, literally 5 more BL in the market per instance. And that’s assuming everyone got the BL was a.)on your faction and b.) on your realm

Yes there is plenty of black lotus just a few monopolize it. People have hundreds ready for aq. I wonder if they are even needed. From what i remember from vanilla and how much better the average raiding guild is. I say no and hope the market gets flooded and prices drop just like the day layering can back.

I am in decent guild where we clear BWL in 1h and MC in 1h5mins+
Noone cares about flasks or lotus in our guild except one druid who farms them in my guild and asks me sometimes to help and we split lotuses during that time. We sell them off, people will only bring them 1st two raids in AQ, and then only tanks will have them that will be provided by Guild. Why do you need it so much? Parsing?

We just use in bwl to make sure the tank doesnt take a 1 shot hit. So 200g isnt a big deal once a week. I dont even understand the price other then horders trying to monopolize the market.

If herbs spawned in AV the Horde would dominate them