Lets Revisit Why There is a Black Lotus Problem

Black Lotus on my server are 300g

In vanilla and on Nostralius, they never went over 50g.

This is purely because herbs spawned in AV. The current devs gave us a version of AV that no one wanted, and now the classic experience has been horribly tainted.

The market is controlled by bots that aren’t being banned, and there would be no issue at all had they just spawned herbs in AV as it was in actual vanilla.

I’ve been trying to raise awareness of this since AV was released, but no one seems to want to listen. Wintersbite, Mountain Silversage, Dreamfoil, Icecap, and, Golden Sansam should all be spawning in AV on their normal respawn timers.

The devs that were responsible for this decision should be ashamed of themselves, because the decision to exclude this hurt the game as a whole, and there was no logical reason for the exclusion of them. Racing to and fighting for the lotus spawn in AV was the most entertaining part of vanilla outside of raiding.

Seriously, what was the point of their choice? What benefit did it serve? It has only hurt the economy, the player experience, and has significantly contributed to botting.

14 Likes

So, you necro your thread from March and feel it necessary to immediately make another with the exact same topic?

:cactus:

3 Likes

I havent logged onto the forums since then… it’s more than a valid point, troll.

6 Likes

Im actually starting to think they’ll remedy this after they announce AQ or how TBC continuation goes down.

Theyll make the change right after the most sensible and necessary sub cycle.

Do u even sub woW bro?

2 Likes

Yes, I just stole a lotus from a horde priest, it was the first one I’ve seen in over 2 months. It made me want to revisit this injustice.

1 Like

Reasons why Black Lotus is what it is.

1. Meta try-hard gaming being popular
  2. Bots/people playing with multiple acc’s
  3. No instanced black lotus
  4. Population disparities between Van/Clas
  5. 45-75min respawn times for zones
  6. Lack of Blizz/player willingness to change any of the above.
10 Likes

Those are not Classic.

I do agree it sucks lotus doesn’t even seem to exist at all, but you can’t just ignore the entire player base came into Classic knowing everything about the game.

Also, Black Lotus is a rare herb, rare being the key word. Vanilla and IP thieves never had the population Classic has managed to achieve. More people are raiding in Classic increasing demand. This version runs on the backbone of Retail and is therefore, different than the original.

All the changes proposed may not even be possible. And if the raids are in fact “tuned down” to easy mode, why do you need flasks? Was the tuning the solution to the lack of a resource?

Just food for thought. I would quite enjoy being able to find at least enough to support myself. But in the end, it’s really not needed to down the bosses, it only ups your parses.

1 Like

Not a single thing you said is valid as far as logic and creating a vanilla experience is concerned.

In vanilla it was instanced in AV, that is the entire issue. If herbs spawned in AV there would be no problem at all. Why argue against it? I literally could show them where every herb node spawns. Your argument is invalid. If you cared about the game, you’d be asking for exactly what I’m suggesting.

The respawn timers should be 60-75m, they recently made the change to 45m to try to assuage the issue, getting further away from the vanilla experience most of us are here for.

I called this happening months ago, because I have experience with this game and a game design degree. Stop disagreeing and start asking for them to fix the issue.

3 Likes

Nostalgic PUGers will need it. Solid geared guilds wont.

Hence…the forthcoming rage on the horizon.

Yup. Even Blizz corrected it later on.

Its a question of timing, and a bit of decency.

No rage from me, just disappointment, that you would rather argue against logic and what vanilla was, than ask for them to fix a problem.

It’s like this forum is filled with a bunch of flat-earthing, anti-vaxxing, basement dwelling Karens… oh wait. Heh.

2 Likes

I never really thought about the availability of lotus in AV. That would definitely increase the supply in a way that couldn’t be botted due to the pvp factor.

Could you imagine how much the Alliance would complain if AV had a black lotus and they had no chance to pick it because of the horde starting location lol. One faction with lotus prices at 75-100g and the other at 250-300g.

1 Like

Actually 4 of the 6 spawn locations of the lotus in AV favored alliance. I know them all, it was the most fun thing to do in WoW outside of raiding. It really got the heart pumping. It was one of the things I looked forward to most with the announcement of Classic, and was omitted for no reason, hence why I keep trying to raise awareness about it.

1 Like

And since AV is a instance that could be run an unlimited amount of times a day it would have significantly increased supply.

If you’re talking about putting herb nodes back in AV then no thanks. The last thing both factions need are more people just AFKing in AV because they’re only there to pick flowers.

Thanks but no thanks.

No im agreeing. Forthcoming rage. Yours is more like the old dude leaning back on a porch chair at sunset, pontificatin’

1 Like

But you have to admit it would increase supply and lower the price. I’m not saying it should happen.

Vendors should sell them for 5g. Mercy on the playerbase.

2 Likes

Yea, that’s sure to win over the crowd. But I guess you made it OK opening with

Did you actually pick lotus in AV? You know what the consequence of that is right?

Blizzard will address the lotus problem when it affects their bottom line, which is the almighty dollar. Until then, tough luck.

1 Like