Let's compromise on some void elf/high elf stuff

Oh wow this is still going.

Cause the fake elf is in denial.

Hes so in denial he quit.

1 Like

He’ll be back.

He’s been like this for his entire forum activity. He’ll either necro a bunch of threads or start a new one when he comes back in a week or later today it’s hard to say.

1 Like

Then we must do our civic duty and show him the error of his anti belfer ways.

It was fun watching the wild gymnastics at the end there. 10/10 glad to have posted in it.

5 Likes

This is straight up wrong, and it also shows that you don’t understand the difference between race vs culture.

FF14 spoilers:

In FF14, you play as the Warrior of the Light. I haven't played Endwalker yet, so I'm not sure if anything has changed since, but you're initially portrayed as Hydaelyn's chosen but are actually the reincarnation of "Azem" in the Source. It's no different to how you're basically the 'champion of azeroth' or 'maw walker' in WoW. So idk what you're going on about in your comments acting like there's any significant difference.

In terms of your player character, you have a number of race and cultures to choose from. E.g. an Elezen Ishgardian or an Elezen Gridanian and this will influence your culture and history. But physiologically you can either be a Wildwood or Duskwright, and there are still certain restrictions in that regard whereby you won’t see a Duskright Elezen in Gridania or Ishgard because they aren’t naturally city-dwellers and chose to remain in Gelmorra because they rejected the idea of going back to the surface. That doesn’t stop you from being just that though, but there are still some rules you have to abide by if you actually take the time to read through the lore.

The thing is FF14 places a lesser influence on race, and a higher influence on culture. There’s more racial diversity in various regions, but they still abide by some cultural rules. You can be a Hyur from Othard if you so wish. But if you do so, then your character story becomes one where your cultural identity is strongly tied to that region which doesn’t have many Hrothgar or Viera because they aren’t native to that region. You can’t just be a Hyur from Othard and then suddenly act like you’re from Gyr Abania. That’s not the kind of freedom they’re offering.

It’s the same thing in WoW. Blizz has given you the option of playing a High Elf on the Alliance, just that your cultural identity has transformed into one where they have tapped into the void as a source of power. You are free to downplay that all you like, but no one is stopping you from fashioning yourself as a High Elf who always as a member of the Alliance but now your people are tapping into void powers, while another set of High Elves likely returned to Silvermoon.

The crux of your argument is that you’re just not happy that you don’t have certain hairstyles, which is an extremely shallow one to make given that you are effectively an High Elf on the Alliance already. And most of the people’s argument here is that you should get new hair styles instead of ctrl c + v hairstyles from other races. The fact that we’re going to be 700 comments into this thread and you can’t get that simple line of logic shows me that you’re just either really ignorant or a blatant troll.

1 Like

I was afraid I would run out of likes for the winning side.

1 Like

I’m sure he’s already on some alts~

1 Like

So, by that extension Void Elves are High Elves too. Since Void Elves are Blood Elves.

I’d have to really go searching and I just don’t feel like it, but I think he did, and I think he got called out and he did a whole “no why would say im that person” routine, and then later just accepted it as fact like “okay so I posted on a different character” it was… entertaining anyways

1 Like

This thread was so wild. I can’t wait to be back to defend the rights of void elves and blood elves alike as well as other crucial things this dude wants to get removed.

5 Likes

It’s semantics at this point. Blood Elves are the continuation of the High Elf story. When we say High Elves, we could be talking in context about the Blood Elves, the self-exiled scattered in very small groups, or the Void Elves. On technicality. If I had my way, Void Elves would be so changed they would be unrecognizable. I have neither the backing of in-game lore or developer que to defend this, but this is where I want the story to go.

For the purposes of these discussions, Ren’dorei are not Quel’dorei.

1 Like

Just for the simple fact that he said give me what I want or I will keep making threads like this , Blizz should 1: 404 the thread and 2: Since this was made to get the reactions that they knew were going to happen the OP should get a forum vacation for obvious trolling .

5 Likes

Seems the fake elf gave up knowing they were beat and us Blood and Void Elves ok will say Night Elves, do I have to say Nightbourn, anyway we won.

Had to look and see who liked this thread too lol it was so obvious in intention

You can look like a Shadowmoon orc (here’s mine), at least if you wear cloth armor! :grinning:

2 Likes

I do acknowledge i got pretty heated but im just so tired of my favorite race having its identity stolen because of these fake elves.

3 Likes

I feel you. Being told your favourite race was a mistake and should be deleted, on top of the usual “You can finally have lore once we get our toys” gnaws hard on me.

Been very sick all day, and seeing the banter actually cheered me up quite a bit. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hope you feel better :slight_smile:

1 Like