Lets admit something about RDF

Something I did notice though, but this is entirely just server etiquette differences.

Back on Skyfury everyone needed on Orbs because an all need is the same as all greed.

But before RDF on Mankrik everyone would greed orbs, which opened up the possibility of a ninja.

Now, would someone risk being label’d a ninja over like 40g? I dunno but nowadays with RDF everyone needs it.

If everyone else greeds on orbs, so will I. As soon as someone needs, so do I.

I told you all that is what would happen but none of you listened. You all got what you asked for.

Kinda few and far in between anyways.

Which has been like this for quite awhile now before RDF got put into classic.

Not really exclusive to RDF, sometimes it can go unnoticed.

Also Black lists don’t really mean anything when you can either transfer or a name change to an extent. Mega servers basically exist and there is so many people in those servers.

Welcome to the internet. No matter what group formation tool, either be RDF or manually forming your own group, you will still run into mean people.

Like I said to the OP, Blacklists don’t mean anything when you can either transfer or a name change to an extent. Mega servers exists, making it difficult to “fully” black list someone on those specific mega servers.

Even without RDF, Dungeons were still no longer being socialized in.

The same logic can be applied to a mega server.

The pool of players in Benediction is large, How likely would I run into the same person I did Utgarde Keep a couple of days ago?

Being vote kicked out of the group is not a consequence?

As I said to the OP and Septicflesh, Blacklists don’t mean anything, especially if you are on a mega server and then you have server transfers or maybe to an extent a name change.

To be fair, Hardcore classic is a different beast compared to Classic era/WotLK/Retail.

We have had different experiences. That doesnt make me a liar.

For real I don’t see what the big deal is. If someone is needing loot they obviously don’t need, then everyone starts needing. Problem solved. OR kick the player.

There’s easy solutions. Work the problem.

Yeah but why would I wanna socialize with you anyway?

Cuz I am super amazing.

/shrug you can no longer hide behind “well it’s different on my server” so yes you were in fact lying when you said RDF would lead to massive ninja looting

1 Like

Not actually what happened. This was happening prior to RDF, way before. And yes, we arent going to listen to a forum troll that doesnt play Wrath Classic always bragging about their retail character.

3 Likes

Back in the day of original WotLK, i was one of these people who stopped playing. Kinda grew out of my teen years, went to University, had to become an adult. I am sure there were A LOT of people in a similar scenario back then. I quit the game even before RDF was introduced. Really, it had very little to do with the sub drop off, people just moved on with their lives, simples.

2 Likes

I have had a few experiences where someone would come in running their mouth. They didn’t last long. Outside of that, though, I just got the achievement for 100 different pugs or whatever and haven’t had any truly terrible experiences. Just folks that come in and want to get it done and get out lol.

I have talked more in RDF groups than I did in groups I’d be in prior to RDF being added lol.

3 Likes

If it happens a lot to certain people, the common denominator is not just rdf…

3 Likes

I can’t agree or disagree with socializing due to RDF. People were not that social to begin with and those who are, still are.

I’ve never agreed that RDF ever killed the socializing aspect of the game - it didn’t help but it didn’t kill it. I think society was already heading that way anyway.

1 Like

You do know that if you don’t like the group then YOU can leave right?

1 Like

Don’t you only run content with those 100’s of friends you made with your “connections”? What happened to that?Also, you still never showed off that supposedly huge friend list of yours. And I even offered you to censor it and hide the names, I don’t care who is in it, I just wanna see that they exist at all.

4 Likes

RDF groups are basically BGs, which are the most toxic content in the game.

That’s fantastic that you have somehow avoided all the negative behaviors that come out when you randomly throw people together who will never see each other again with no consequences for behaving badly. In reality, though, there are already complaining threads about people being mean in RDF. It’s extremely predictable that people will act like this.

1 Like

Most people in dungeons just want to get the dungeon done, it’s not rocket science.

If you are having major issues in RDF it’s on you.

1 Like

lmao RDF copers literally cannot admit that anything could possibly not be perfect about the system. It has to be my fault that I acknowledge that people act worse in totally random groups. It’s wild to see people acting like enhanced anonymity (cross realm) and lack of consequences doesn’t bring out the worst in people exactly like it does in BGs.

3 Likes

it didn’t retain them. mass marketing attracted new players