Lets admit something about RDF

RDF has solved a big problem with finding dungeon groups. However, call me crazy but, socializing has taken a bitter nosedive now. People needing on stuff knowing they won’t be blacklisted on their server, people being much meaner, or just people not knowing at all how to act.

I guess some of us can understand what those hardcore no-rdf people were talking about eh?

17 Likes

If there’s something selfish people can now do with less chance of being reported/blacklisted, people are going to do it.
It was always going to happen. RDF coming out? Great now I can act like a child, kick people when I feel like it, need on everything and not have to worry about being blacklisted.

5 Likes

Nope all RDF has proved is that the anti RDF crowd was lying about the experience in RDF the entire time.

I haven’t noticed any real differences in my runs, because wait for it, most people just want to get in and get the dungeon done. The people who act like babies did so before RDF so nothing really changed there.

59 Likes

I’ve done a bunch of runs with randos and haven’t seen any of this.

23 Likes

!remind me 1-month
you’ll see lol

:person_shrugging: Feels about the same to me as before. Some runs are silent, some run, people just says gg at the end. Other runs, we chat a decent amount throughout the run.

Haven’t yet run into someone ninjaing items. People could extend blocklist addons to encompass all servers though, anyway.

I’ve found the opposite. I’ve had groups where we wiped multiple times, and people didn’t get mad, they just kept trying over.

15 Likes

i’ve only had pleasant experiences, for now. Even after wiping.

6 Likes

I’ve only had pleasant experiences. Have you tried reaching out yourself instead of just waiting for someone else to do it? You’ll find people can be pretty friendly and talkative if you’ve actually got something interesting to talk about. Some just aren’t good at initiating

And the closest thing to loot drama I’ve seen so far was a battered hilt dropping, one person having no idea what it was, and there ending up being 2 100 rolls. Everyone congratulated the winner and then moved on with their lives

7 Likes

Most will either lie and disagree with you to the bitter end, or the ones who are too prideful to tell bold-faced lies will try to gaslight you into thinking social interactions in an MMO don’t matter. Good luck with this one, friend. :rofl: I’ve seen a grand total of 3 people admit they may have been a bit wrong.

The rare third option is people who genuinely haven’t had that experience.

3 Likes

rdf took out all social engagement.

3 Likes

Always been dead.

Always happened before rdf. That’s why I only did guild runs, and that doesn’t change because of rdf existing.

People being nasty on the Internet? Clearly RDFs fault.

This post reeks of desperation to try to “prove” muh RDF bad when in reality, the vast majority of people are having a good time due to RDF.

Cope harder.

16 Likes

I find the socialization just about the same. I click something, get invited, then a group of people just kind of go though the 5 man. In both pre-RDF and post-RDF being out pretty much the only time I get much interaction with people is when things go south.

5 Likes

This sounds 100% made up.

7 Likes

Let’s not pretend that this wasn’t rampant before RDF.
The playerbase is garbage, and RDF actually alleviates that a lot.

8 Likes

Nope. Havent seen people needing to just need, dont know how you can say socialization has taken a hit yet people are meaner somehow, and i have no clue what you mean by people not knowing how to act.

6 Likes

The jackhole people were already there, RDF didn’t create them it just exposes you to more of them. So far though that has been a small minority of players in my experience. The majority just want to get the dungeon done. Chit chat is usually minimal but that’s been the norm already.

9 Likes

Yeah I don’t know what you’re talking about but I’ve had only positive experiences so far. I know negative stuff happens sometimes but you guys act like it’s constant and it’s definitely not, it’s a seemingly rare thing.

5 Likes

Haven’t had this at all.

Same. Most people aren’t even needing on any gear, and the few that are I figured are doing so for off spec.

1 Like

I am sure you’d never admit to it if you did.