Lets admit something about RDF

Subs actually stopped increasing (which is what he’s talking about) around the start of WotLK which is fair and all, that was just the market share an MMO could bear.

RDF and LFR, features 2 years apart, simply had no effect on sub counts.

Actually they continued to rise throughout Wrath and only declined a little ways into Cata.

But even if what you said was true…what’s his point? That WoW sub growth slowed down at the start of Wrath, which was a year before RDF and three years before LFR and somehow that’s the fault of RDF and LFR? Interesting take that two systems somehow had an impact on subs before they were in the game.

1 Like

If they’re needing on items they can’t use then need the items as well, simple.

1 Like

last night a had a bear tank explain some mechs in the depths
for some reason. undead said they didn’t need to breathe
they don’t have lungs lol. then some banter.

more ppl are saying ty for grps instead of just zoning.
had a random belf pal hug me in vh lol.
i have more socialization in dungeons than ever lol.

that said, dungeons arent for talking and this content is so old everyone p much knows it soooooooo.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same. I haven’t come across anyone needing on everything and only one person needing on the orb. But if someone in your group is doing that, everyone just start needing. People are acting like this is some sort of insurmountable problem.

3 Likes

Needing or greeding on orbs has always been pretty server specific so it’s just natural it moves towards needing in cross server content :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Orbs are dirt cheap now. Cheaper than selling epic soulbound loot to vendors.
Folks can need if they want but it’s really unnecessary since the market is flooded with them.

1 Like

Who cares what someone does w/the orbs - need them all. I can buy loads of them so I don’t care.

I don’t and never did. The anti-RDF gatekeepers have been warning of people quitting because of RDF, that RDF was never a WOTLK feature, that RDF force people to stop making groups. None of this has happened. They lied and they knew they were lying all along.

5 Likes

Pretty much.

“I will do the things I claim that make RDF bad because I have a narrative to prove and it will only be proven if I go out of my way to do things to others. Why? Because it doesn’t happen enough naturally for me to justify my stance so I need to arbitrarily increase the toxicity in RDF to justify myself. Could I have done all of this without RDF? Of course but I’ll never admit it because if I do then it proves that it’s a player issue and not an RDF issue and I must make RDF look as bad as possible otherwise I won’t be able to feel good about myself”

This is all I hear when septicflesh says literally anything about RDF.

Edit:

Tagging you with this quote because I want you to know that I’m actively talking about you and your asinine stance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If I’ve learned only one thing this week, it’s that the only problem with RDF are the people who said RDF will cause problems. Rather than being the solution to perceived problems, they instead cause said problems themselves in order to justify their claim that said problems are the common experience

6 Likes

Oh yes all the people ninja looting with needs on everything and random vote kickings are purely bitter no rdf players :roll_eyes:

So intentionally taking it out of context. Do you work for the mainstream media?

I’m inclined to believe they are, considering I’ve been running gammas and ICC heroics all week and have yet to see anything even close to what people are claiming here

3 Likes

You really are the Jordan Peterson of the forums huh. A self proclaimed intellectual who is in reality a contrarian for the sake of being one. His entire comment revolves around using RDF as justification for toxicity, solely because he does not like RDF as evidence of his many anti-RDF comments in multiple threads.

You know you don’t have to be an idiot for our entertainment right? Like, you could just be a person but you actively choose this for some reason.

I tagged him with the comment because it proves my point in context, and im not a coward who is afraid of what he has to say.

It’s not that deep.

3 Likes

You cant always have growth, things are going to plateau and that was in Wrath, anyone expecting WoW to continuously grow like these anti-RDF people expect or at least that is where their argument ultimately leads.

It had the highest sub count AND it retained those subs. There are also many reasons why people would unsub, the Warcraft story being wrapped up, raids killing guilds, rewards not fitting the difficulty. But its not likely it was RDF and I cant believe people still want to act like its the sole reason for sub loss.

By far the worst part? Just sucking at the game and you can’t kick em without all 4 agreeing. That healer in bare minimum GS, using non-healer gear to fill out ilvl, with no enchants or gems at all that just stands in ice and dies every pull the first 4 pulls of UK? Yeah, one of the DPS is their friend. Congrats, your 3 man team has to deal with these idiots now. You’re stuck.

The ilvl gates are way too low for gamma. Getting people at barely over 4k GS in HOL or COS is just migraine inducing. RDF is doing EXACTLY what the people who hated on it claimed it would do: Allowing the trolls, bads, and jerks to roam around and do their thing at the expense of everyone else, while eliminating any potential social and community consequences.

1 Like

The thing there’s just not many of them. And certainly no more than pre RDF.

So yes the people like you claiming ninja looting would run rampant were in fact lying.

1 Like

Yeah, 95% of the people in my groups are only there for scourgestones and greed everything else. The only exception is frozen orbs, but everyone should need on those anyway.

1 Like