Lets admit something about RDF

Imagine my shock at an RDF anti being the problem with RDF.

2 Likes

Only complaint so far from me is that half the party is usually from pvp servers which is a minor annoyance as a healer from a pve server.
But thats minor as long as everyone switches pvp on.

1 Like

It does rather highlight that that pvp flag thing needs to be looked into honestly.

A quick fix would just be to force pvp off on everyone inside dungeons ala sanctuary, but as long as there are workarounds I guess it kinda works.

3 Likes

Some of the anti RDF crowd openly have admitted they would troll RDF.

4 Likes

You can think that if you like. It doesn’t change the reality that this post is pure copium.

Same thing here not once I saw someone acting mean or bad beside one tank who wanted to speedrun a dungeon as if it was a Dragonflight dungeon in retail and was salty when the heal couldn’t keep him up. lol

The mentality that ultimately killed the game for over 12 million people.

1 Like

Please explain.

WoW stopped seeing an incline in player sub counts ultimately after they introduced LFD and LFR. One can’t say that these features alone have hurt the game. However, this is when the mentality of adventure went out the door and the mentality of, “Get in, get out as fast as possible” came in breaking down the door. Dungeons were no longer being socialized in. People didn’t take time to explain stuff, if you messed up you would be kicked almost immediately because you were super easy to replace with no effort from the group to find a replacement. If you didnt have perfect gear you would get kicked, because again… the group didn’t have to do anything to find your replacement. You did dungeons with people you’d never see again. Why speak to them? There was no longer any consequences for your actions. “You blocked me? Pffft… okay” mentality also started at this time.

Fast forward to what you have now. Dungeons that have timers you have to beat to get the best loots. Raids where you socialized and strategize are no longer the end-game focus. There is no socializing. It’s not a fun game design for most.

1 Like

My only “poor” experience with RDF was just a pally and mage who tanked and dpsed a dungeon the healer being annoyed then the tank and mage going “yw for the carry gg” and left. Other than that it’s been the same no one socialized when there wasn’t a RDF. And if you count the poor soul looking for 1 dps and tank for ST for two hours socialization then you are pulling at straws. No one talked after the group was formed except for “mana please” and “tyfp” which people still do lol.

Meh. Only times folks took the time to chat/ socialize in dungeons 99% of the time was during guild runs. Heck even before RDF was added nobody would say a word hardly in pug runs.

4 Likes

You can only have an adventure the first time through. You arent going to have an adventure the 4th time going to UP H. Its just not.

You added the “as fast as possible” part and this wasnt the argument. People want to get in and get it done.

And they werent when RDF wasnt in the game. And the PoS I just ran had people talking in it and it was through RDF completely random.

There arent many things to explain. Bromjahm is like a sentence. Kill soul or he heals, go to the center with soulstorm since you are talking about dungeons.

That didnt happen, it was continued mess ups. Are people going to mess up? Yes. The best players in the world mess up, but if you continuously mess up is when you get kicked, especially after being told.

Then why isnt my DK being kicked? Not even 200ilvl yet and im not getting kicked.

this isnt a bad thing in farm content.

So what?

You get bored hearing the same RP over and over again.

Getting kicked isnt a consequence?

No it didnt, it was in before then as well, and even now people didnt care when there was no RDF.

You mean in DF?

Dont do them. Its that simple. Go mythic raid. Its everything you are looking for.

Tell that to world first races, they are one of the most popular things when they happen.

Yes there is, plenty of it, within dungeons and outside.

Then dont play it. There are other iterations of this game out there. You know what im not doing… playing DF because it sucks. Im not playing D4 because it sucks and Blizzard cant do math which is probably why its in such a bad state.

1 Like

It is kind of like how narcisists exist and karens. They existed before the internet. But now are impowered. To the point where we decided that political correctness was the best way to handle it. All that does is enable them though. So they can continue being annoying.

My rdf experience would be better if the dungeons would show up on the que list for specific. Several dungeons are not available to certain toons at the same levels, but others aren’t on other toons of the same level. It is frustrating as all heck.

I used to see it alot back in wrath when wrath was the current expansion. But wow isn’t nearly as popular as it was back in like 2009 2010 either.

The dungeon finder, in my op, wouldn’t even be that bad if it forced you to walk to the dungeon after the group was formed. I hate the fact that it teleports you there. It just doesn’t feel like a world at that point with everyone zipping and teleporting all around. Or when you constantly see people just sitting around in org or stormwind just waiting for ques to pop. You can litteraly level in this game by standing in one spot the whole time. And then maybe moving a bit during the dungeon. That is all.

I do wish vote kick was reworked as well. People might not be seeing it now, but I see it abused all the time in retail. Every time I see someone vote kick someone in retail and everyone clicks yes blindly without even knowing what is going on. I want to do some things to certain individuals. Sure it isn’t super often in wrath classic currently, but we will eventually see stories. And nothing being done about it either. All because of convenience for those bad people. Way easier to find a new person, than to maybe help the person currently who is struggling. Again, not alot of people do this, But I see it constantly in retail.

Heck, I will never on my life heal in retail again. Stupid impatient tanks and dps ruin that luxury for me. Like it makes healing hard in retail for pretty much all of the wrong reasons.

It is just funny to me. People are all like, well, I haven’t seen anyone doing it in my groups. God in retail I see it all the time.

Personally, wrath of the lich king was when it became retail. And cataclysm finished it off. Removing ammo and all that bullcorn. Homogenization. Etc.

It was a huge deterrant. At least once you got a group set up, you kind of didn’t want to have to get more people later because it could take like 30 mins to replace a dps.Now it is like, wow, this dudes dps is so low. LEts not give him tips on how to play better, and instead, vote kick him and find a better dps in 10 seconds.

Oh and don’t get lost in the dungeon either. That could also be a potential vote kick. So don’t get lost. Don’t go slow. Don’t have bad dps. And in retail, you better be healing and spamming those buttons and really moving with the flow of the group. Don’t even think about mana breaks lol. That could also be a potential vote kick to. Because tanks in retail think they own the game and zerg through the whole dungeon before thinking about anyone but themselves.

4 Likes

People socialize in Discord now.

People social in chat too. Hardcore classic has made it clearly apparent that people will talk in groups via chat texts

I just wish blizzard would fix the darn specific que list. Like dungeons are not appearing for several characters, even though they should be appearing for those characters. It is driving me mad.

1 Like

You’re going to have to source this and explain how features 2 years apart cause an immediate stop in gaining subs.

Subs declined a little ways into Cata. That’s the expansion Worgen and Goblins were added. Coincidence? Yup…those races are why millions quit, clearly.

1 Like