Lets admit something about RDF

Another perfect example of why classic wow must be closed down. It does this to your brain, rotting it fully and rendering it completely unusable.

5 Likes

RDF is a Wrath system. To call it Retail is beyond absurd. Might as well say having Death Knights makes it Retail.

I know you’re trolling, but you can do better.

8 Likes

Well, wrath is when WoW started to become everything that retail is. So it seems fair to call rdf a retail feature.

im not even gonna read what the salty pally said. bye joke bc im done waitin 10 hrs for a party.
bye everyone who hates rdf. i dont care if its scuffed atm bc i get to get in the damned dungeons instantly even as mage and not spam LFG LFG LFG TANK all year, waiting, watching people not go to the crap summon stones anymore and never playing that day.

also im also loving everyone who hates this system so that guy made my day. for years you made fun of us rdf people lmao. what a good day to be alive for wrath classic!

9 Likes

No, that started in Cata.

1 Like

My only experience so far doing rdf with my alt was queuing for a random beta. After the first trash pull, the healer said afk a sec and the tank pulled anyway. After we wiped, the tank said the ground was too under geared and then he left. Then everyone left.

I’ve done dozens of runs in RDF already. Some gammas on an 80 and some leveling dungeons. So far only one group was especially toxic and it was a lowbie group and everyone just left 5 minutes in and I got all new people a minute later and it went fine from there.

Lowbie RDF is very buggy though and often won’t give you a satchel when it should. The dungeons it lets you random into are very narrow in level range and need to be changed as well.

Actually being able to do content is far superior to me to having to find a group in group finder. It wasn’t respectful of players time. I kind of wish we could form cross-server premades and make the premade group tool xserver to pug raids as well. It would help smaller servers especially. I’d also go with a per-boss lockout instead of raid ID.

1 Like

When have you ever admitted that you may have been a bit wrong?

3 Likes

No it was 100% wrath

I haven’t witnessed any of this. That doesn’t say it doesn’t happen, but in my experience, RDF has been fantastic so far.

7 Likes

There was no socializing even without RDF. People were toxic without RDF. All these issues existed before RDF was introduced.

10 Likes

This is called an opinion. Just because YOU feel that way doesn’t make it a fact.

2 Likes

And yet noone can actually explain this.

Whereas it’s quite easy to look at anything in wrath and see where that design trend started in vanilla.

2 Likes

It’s a silly argument. Retail started November 2004. Every second of the game was once ‘Retail’. That second passes and Retail becomes something else. Even Shadowlands isn’t Retail anymore.

Cata Classic isn’t Retail any more than Vanilla Classic is. If people want to be upset about something, be upset about the Classic team adding inauthentic things into Classic servers. Like, oh I don’t know…a crappier version of Mythic dungeons.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen players do anything they didn’t already do before RDF. What has changed is my ability to get groups whenever I want and quickly replace people that dump.

5 Likes

Yes.

It was like that before dungeon finder

This is a stupid argument. Every single expansion was once “retail”.

I’m not going to comment about the rest of the thread making this off-topic but if you’re into wpvp Era Whitemane still has a lot of it. That includes 60s ganking in the low-level zones that you have to level through but if you’re into wpvp you should be ok with that part. A lot of people there enjoy this aspect of the game.

Of course, it’s not Grobb or RP but it’s something you might enjoy so that’s why I’m posting this to tell you. Most of the people on this forum don’t care about things like wpvp at all as they play for other reasons completely. Also, a lot of them have zero desire to understand anyone but themselves so they wouldn’t (want to, due to their own selfishness and close-mindedness) understand your concern.

1 Like

I always find it weird that people come into games with other people and expect the world to conform to their idea of “socializing”. As if every dungeon run will be like five friends hanging out a the local mall or pizzeria. when in reality, people have always come with the all business mentality, those who like to talk will talk, those who dont wont. You cant force social interaction in the real world nor in digital ones. The dog didnt magically stop liking you once the porkchop was removed from around your neck, he was just incentivized to put up with you up until its removal.

2 Likes