Let us COPY our characters to a vanilla realm

well look at it this way, arcane mage is the preferred spec after 2 piece tier something or other. if piper is frost mage, keep her on vanilla, where frost is ideal…mostly. then roll a human arcane mage for tbc. :sparkling_heart:

You never described how you know TBC is rushed in any way. If anything, it’s a bit late.

No healthy server populations need to be addressed first. And doing it the way they are doing it ensures All the new classic era servers created from all the poeple that want to remain in classic will be very active and populous From the get go.

tbc was designed to accept your previous classic character. lets stop pretending like it wasnt ok?

nothing sentence

more garbage

youre not saying anything at all. i havent heard a single argument from you other than

with you refusing to acknowledge that when this data gets progressed to tbc, you lose that data on vanilla

There’s no NEED to argue with anybody. That’s just arguing, for the sake of arguing.

Opinions aren’t really “wrong” nor “right”. You’re absolutely entitled to say that they’re “wrong”, doesn’t mean that they are nor are you “right”. You can easily dismiss someone without engaging contact. You can simply move on. But, the fact that you didn’t, tells me that you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing.

By health of the game I am mainly talking about the player experience. Once fresh servers come out the legacy, permanent last phase servers are going to be ghost towns and that will adversely affect all the players on those realms. Especially given how central to the vanilla experience the community and social aspects are. This is just Blizzard’s way of avoiding that problem

opinion prediction

Joyson heres what you should do

Progress to tbc on joyson
Remake your paladin in a classic era server called sadson. GG

Or madson

Whichever works best to fit your mood

dude/dudette/etc, roll a new pally. they are so awesome in tbc, your pally mount and gear on joyson will be a fading memory. well almost. that pally epic mount is, and always will be, exceedingly cool looking.

i appreciate you noobshot, i really do. im just mad at blizzard and frustrated that others dont share my opinion. i will most likely progress into tbc, and make joyson again on classic and level him maybe, might not even hit 60.

Nope. Private vanilla servers give more than enough evidence for this claim. Every single time a new vanilla private server came out, the last one would become a ghost town. The same thing will happen here. There will be a small amount of people on the legacy realms, but it will be tiny. And then they will have to do server mergers (something Blizzard HATES doing and will avoid at all costs)

1 Like

Absolutely, it was designed to accept your character - but accepting it doesn’t mean a copy is created at the same time. Not sure why this is hard for you to understand.

Perhaps you should go back to school where they teach you 2 =/= 1.

Yep, you think you have a good argument. Glad we clarified that.

You ignoring it isn’t my problem.

By that logic, transferring at all “loses” character data.

You also argue at the same time that TBC is a different game - since you “lose” that data from vanilla/Classic - but that it’s the same game - since it “accepts” your vanilla/Classic character.

You want to copy and paste your character data, which means you’ll have two identical characters. Blizzard does not allow this.

1 Like

i think this is incorrect.

they wouldnt be creating anything. they would just be not deleting the character off the game you progressed from

Private vanilla servers give more than enough evidence for this claim. Every single time a new vanilla private server came out, the last one would become a ghost town. The same thing will happen here. There will be a small amount of people on the legacy realms, but it will be tiny. And then they will have to do server mergers (something Blizzard HATES doing and will avoid at all costs)

Yes, but it was never designed to allow you to take your character and go back to a Vanilla only server. Via transfer/copy/ect.
The fact that your even able to go back to Vanilla is something “Never” done.

1 Like

There’s also no need to even play this game, and yet you’re getting worked up about Blizzard not doing what you want.

You’re wrong. Opinions can absolutely be right or wrong. There are opinions that the Earth is flat - that is a wrong opinion. There are opinions that the Earth is 6,000 years old - that is a wrong opinion. Both of these are wrong based on facts and evidence.

Also, you still haven’t explained how you know that TBC was rushed.

1 Like

ive never argued for that nor would i ever argue for that

So this time you’re arguing they’re different games. They don’t delete your character data. You either take it with you, or you keep it in vanilla. There is no deletion.

Your current argument is to “copy” your character back to Vanilla…

Your contradictions are astounding

1 Like