Less than 2 months after getting wrongfully permanently banned, I've been permanently banned again

I think i found a winner

I wish you the best of luck in your appeal, but i suspect this is the culprit. I seem to remember it bei g the aource a while back for a lot of suspensions.

3 Likes

AutoHotKey was basically early ISboxer, def a common denominator for account issues way back in the day

2 Likes

Thats what i figured when they said it.

1 Like

Yea I see in your post you stated how you got banned for using hardware.

It used to be allowed to hardware box but is not allowed anymore either.

I used to multibox but I quit even before it was banned. Takes no skill, super OP and is not very fun. You can go into an arena and wreck a team of epic geared glads with a team of boosted tons in blues bought from the auction house. Just plain mathematically impossible to survive 5 lightning bolt blasts to the face 2x back to back from 5 toons that all target one single toon.

A bad boxer can beat a skilled pro.

Then there is also the fact that now with the new setup of loot sharing with profs, noth9ing is to stop you from getting 40 toons, clearing out a zone and getting 40 toons worth of matts to stack in the AH.

And if you use isboxer that is software. They do not make any hardware for boxing. MB of any kind is not allowed anymore.

I quit doing it. You have to boost dozens of toons, have to buy dozens of WoW tokens, have to get multiple toons into full epics. You could run an entire guild with the amount of time and gold and real life money it takes just to run a small multiboxing set. No benefit to doing it anymore at all.

FFXIV openly admits they allow multiboxing. Go there if you want it so bad. No hardware boxing, no software boxing, ALSO, Blizzard has stated they will never outright permaban you for doing this. They will issue a single warning first as some still do not know it is banned, then after that warning is ignored, then you get banned. K? So it sounds like you earned what you got sorry to say.

Wrong. Multi-boxing is allowed, but not supported. There are just a lot more rules and guidelines people have to follow to do it properly these days.

5 Likes

But the kinds of things that make multiboxing effortless are banned. So multiboxing is allowed but only the hard way. “Tolerated”, I suppose. And be sure that the anticheat systems are hard on the case, looking for any evidence of those assistance tools which are banned.

3 Likes

Yah, that’s what I was implying with the bit about there being a lot more rules and guidelines to follow.

2 Likes

The rules of this social game are so easy to follow a child could do it.

Step one: logon
Step two: kill things
Step three: be respectful of other players
Step four: don’t be cheating
Step five: have fun
Step six: log off

If people can follow this six step program, we wouldn’t have threads like this and many others.

3 Likes

With the rules restricting Multiboxing now what is the point of multiboxing. Unless your using a higher level toon to run your low level alt through dungeons. No good way to run more then one toon at once with out some kind of broadcasting between clients.

Nor should there be. It is absolutely ridiculous that people were previously able to control hivemind armies that gave them braindead advantages over everybody else in every aspect of the game. The way it is now is as it should be. People can open multiple game windows but still have to play them normally.

3 Likes

In open world or in battlegrounds if you did not charge them head on the multiboxer was easy to take out! How, go at them from behind or the side. They could not turn very well and if you took out their control toon the rest of them where dead in the water as they say.

But of course most would just charge them head on and die!

2 Likes

Every time I do it I always get reported by jealous people who cant afford it. That’s the only people who don’t like multiboxing btw, jealous people who cant afford it.

Well then, you might find it quite the surprise that many of us feel it’s simply against the spirit of the game and nothing to do with being able to afford it or not.

9 Likes

If you dont like a multiboxer, just avoid them. Nothing is forcing you to actively engage them. FFXIV openly allows it now as it brings in money. But they still have pretty strict rules on it. I was all for it up until people began to abuse it. Such as when they would raid box and lag an entire zone to where they caused a stack overflow on the server. They themselves had hardly any lag, but anyone around them would lag terribly. Causing server disruption has always been a banable offense. I remember there used to be a boxer on my server. A woman who had almost 80 accounts and she would camp Ashran. It caused the rest of us to not be able to interact with any of the NPCs in the area as they would always lag out. No reason why ONE person gets to have fun while dozens of other people do not.

Multiboxing is allowed in multiple other MMOs no reason why they cant go over there to those ones. This is my fav toon, never been my best toon but still my fav. And I have never boxed with it. They were all on a different battlent account anyways all achieves from there is over there. And then if you wanted to get full epics on a boxing set, that meant 10+ toons all had to get the same loot. 10x the grind. Puts you way behind everyone else who plays normally. There are currently no benefits to doing it right now. You waste millions of gold, waste lots of time. Cant get attached to your toons the way you do when you play just one single one. And it is currently against the rules. No one needs to argue with me on that fact because I know that it is. You can no longer use software or hardware to broadcast key commands across multiple accounts.

You have to open up each screen and move your mouse from screen to screen and control ach and every toon with a single click or keybind to that toon on that account. You can no longer use any form of key broadcasting.

So if you get banned for multiboxing now then you earned the ban and that’s that. Dont believe me? Submit a ticket to ask a GM if it is still allowed. Key broadcasting is no longer allowed.

You don’t need to submit a ticket. There’s a Support article about it.
“Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our End User License Agreement.”

That is correct. Any software that facilitates multi-boxing is no longer allowed. You don’t need key broadcasting software to multi-box. Multi-boxing was done for years without key broadcasting or any other software to facilitate it.

6 Likes

You are completely derailing this thread in your tangent about multiboxing and all of your thoughts on it. The player is coming back after facing a similar situation. We’re just now kind of kicked back waiting to see how it all turns out. This isn’t yet another debate on the pros and cons of multiboxing, nor discussing all of the ins, outs, changes and all of that.

This isn’t FF.

Multiboxing is not against the rules. It is not supported, but it is allowed, so long as you do it without all of the streamlining software and hardware. That has killed it for a lot of boxers, but there are still plenty who do multibox and they do it by following the guidelines set by Blizzard. It’s nowhere as convenient as it once was, but it is doable.

8 Likes

Do we really need to derail yet another thread to debate the merits of multiboxing?

2 Likes

I just want to clarify - for gathering, profession nodes are capped at 10 for herbs and ore and skinning I believe is capped to something similar, you cant just 40 man farm herbs, it doesnt work like that.

1 Like

/prays an SFA come and locks this thread.

2 Likes