Less than 2 months after getting wrongfully permanently banned, I've been permanently banned again

Remember this post? Banned for using "cheating software", but I multibox without the use of any software

Less than 2 months after getting the bans overturned and recovering my accounts, I just got hit with another batch of permanent account closures, this time of all 10 of my accounts instead of just 7 of them. They were all closed at the same time, for alledged “use of cheating software”, same email as last time, even though I do not use any third party software. I multibox 10 accounts manually, by moving my cursor across the monitors and interacting with one client at a time.

I don’t have any questions. I just wanted to express my disappointment. I didn’t even get a refund for the 5 days of game time lost on my accounts the last time. I didn’t complain about it, because I was just happy to get my accounts back. But this is the second time in less than 2 months, so now I’m pissed. Blizzard, if you’re just going to keep wrongfully banning me and waste my money, I’ll just go play another game.

I’m sorry if I sound like I’m venting, but how would you feel if you were in my position? I’m at the point where I stressfully log in every day, fearing that I might get a message telling me my accounts have been closed. And now it actually happened and I have to fight to prove my innocence yet again. It’s exhausting.

edit: Also I hadn’t noticed, but WoW licenses that I’ve not used since 2020 were also banned.

1 Like

As you were told in the previous threads were not allowed to discuss account actions you will have to apeal.

Venting here does no good GM or those that handle this kinda thing do frequent here.

4 Likes

Sadly the reply this time will be pretty much the same, you will need to pursue this via a appeal ticket. You mentioned having installed IS boxer last time, hopefully you removed this from your PC since?

5 Likes

Blockquote
Sadly the reply this time will be pretty much the same, you will need to pursue this via a appeal ticket. You mentioned having installed IS boxer last time, hopefully you removed this from your PC since?

Yes I did. I have not had ISBoxer on my PC since before the bans were overturned.

Shouldve taken them off immediatley thats what got u flagged warden continualy scans ur computer even if u dont use it for wow they will still detect it.

You might want to check for any other software programs that involve automation, streamlining, remote controlling, or key-cloning. The GMs are not going to specify how they caught you because that is information cheaters would use to avoid detection. In the case of multi-boxing, it is an unsupported activity so if something happens to your game or account as a result of something related to it, Blizzard is not going to help you sort it out.

If there is a program on your computer that is triggering their detection systems, they’re not going to research the program to tell you what specific program got you actioned, and then tell you exactly what function of that program did it. It is your responsibility to make sure you don’t have any programs that can get you into trouble.

If you want to be sure of this, you need to open your task manager and look for any nonstandard programs that show up, because you can have programs running in the background even though you never manually opened them or even knew they were there. Yes, even if you’re not actively using an “opened” program, the fact that it is still passively communicating with any devices connected to your interactions within the game, including the game itself, is something that can be detected and get you actioned.

As far as your account goes, all you can do is appeal as you did before.

3 Likes

I was just told that the actions against my WoW licenses would not be overturned this time around. I appealed again and asked them to look at my case again, but I doubt Blizzard will change their mind.

Why do I say that? Because this time around, Blizzard didn’t just ban the 10 licenses that I was actively playing. They also banned every license that I’ve ever played WoW NA with, including some licenses that I’ve not had a subscription for in several years. They banned a total of 22 WoW accounts across all my battle.net accounts, even some that I’ve not touched since 2018.

If this isn’t Blizzard stating that they don’t want me playing their games anymore, then I don’t know what is. I’m obviously not welcome here anymore, so I’m uninstalling WoW and battle.net and leaving their games altogether.

They do want players to play there game they just want players to play it right and while multiboxing isnt against the rules some multiboxing programs are skirting around the automation and blizzards cracking down on it.

1 Like

Yes, but that wouldn’t explain why they went out of their way to ban every WoW license that I’ve ever created and played with on the NA server, including many that have not had any game time on them in a few years. I’ve not even multiboxed on these accounts since the policy change on multiboxing. Therefore, it doesn’t make sense that they would get banned for using a cheating software. The only explanation I can come up with is that Blizzard does not want me to play WoW anymore. All I ever wanted to do was to play the game the way I enjoy to do it, and without causing trouble to anyone else. In the past year, I’ve really tried my best to do that, but it didn’t matter. I’m just sad that it has to end this way, I truly enjoyed playing WoW for the past 15 years.

I’m really sorry to hear this. You won’t get much sympathy here because everyone will assume you’re guilty.

However, my husband went through what you went through. He didn’t use MB hardware or software either.

Hope you enjoy whatever new MMO you move to.

2 Likes

He admited to having isboxer on his system and warden detected it.

Yes but I’ve not had it on my PC since before they overturned my bans 1.5 months ago. Also, many of my accounts that were banned have not even been played since the original policy change on multiboxing.

Reread his original thread.

This is where im getting my information.

I think the issue here though is that this was removed as he didn’t know he had it installed, and even after the removal and overturn of the bans, he got banned again despite the removal of the program.

I think you are misreading. Here I am saying that ISboxer has NOT been on my PC since they originally overturned my bans over a month ago. I’ve not changed how I play or what software is on my PC since then.

Yes, this is it.

Are you sure you don’t have any viruses on your pc? I genuinely can’t think of what else could cause this if you removed the program. I’m so sorry this happened to you.

I’m almost positive that the account actions would have nothing at all to do with ISboxer. I don’t think I’ve ever seen or heard of them banning accounts that aren’t even funded for something like that.

Whatever it was, Blizz is not going to give specifics. The OP is welcome to appeal until such time that they are told no further appeals will be entertained. That’s it.

6 Likes

The worst is, when I appealed, I was just told that the actions have been upheld after review. No explanation for why they banned accounts that have had no game time in years. I was actively playing 10 accounts, they banned over 20 of them, all for using a cheating software.