Less than 2 months after getting wrongfully permanently banned, I've been permanently banned again

You can keep apealing till they tell you no more apeals will be heard.

Oof, I canā€™t really speak to the extensiveness of that, but they wonā€™t tell you specifics. I know it is frustrating and that you want to have some form of communication on the matter, but nobody here will be able to assist you unfortunately. Neither players nor moderators here can do anything. Moderators may be willing to provide some insight to help you understand better, but they are not required to do that.

If they outright closed dozens of your accounts after previously doing that to a lesser amount, then that is an indicator that they found your accounts in extreme violation of the Terms of Use. Obviously there are critical details being left out of this story which is partly why these discussions are relegated to tickets and prohibited on the forums, but whatever happened is between you and Blizzard. If they decided to turn a ban-hammer into a ban-nuke and upheld the conviction, you can appeal until they threaten you with the wrath of doom, but if they still uphold the ban at that point then thatā€™s the absolute end of it.

3 Likes

I spoke to a Blizzard employee on Live Chat and he told me that he is submitting my case to the Dev Team for review. He also recommended that I submit an appeal ticket for each battle.net account, so that all my accounts donā€™t end up in the same ticket. Iā€™ll report here once I have an update.

3 Likes

Good luck, OP. Keep us posted.

3 Likes

It could be another false-positive trigger, so good fortune to you.

Really hope this gets cleared up for you. Rooting for you and wishing you good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks. At this point Iā€™m starting to remove programs from my PC that Iā€™ve never even used for WoW or any other games. Iā€™m even removing software that I use for my work or other personal stuff, such as Razer Synapse, AutoHotKey, Thonny, R Studio, MaxTo, WinTweakers, etc. Iā€™ve become paranoid.

I will say I had R Studio on my laptop that I used to play and never had issues, but I donā€™t blame you for being paranoid.

Mite be the autohotkey thats triggering it.

3 Likes

I feel like a software just existing on your system, not even being launched or used, should not be grounds for a ban on its own. Iā€™ve not used a AHK script in months and when I did, it was unrelated to WoW. So if thatā€™s the reason, that would be messed up to say the least.

Basicly this is how it works computer has program A that when u can do multiple things at once now while this isnt used for wow. Wow has a strict 1 key per action. Where program a would simulate automation this is strictly against the rules this is alll hypothetical but autohotkey if it does what i suspect this maybe causing the issue.

The bad thing is itā€™s not what you feel, itā€™s just the unfortunate truth that some of that software can be used for illegal play. It canā€™t tell if youā€™re using it for WoW, work or anything else. Itā€™s on your system.

Another unfortunate truth is if that AHK or any other questionable software was pinged, they gave you the benefit of the doubt with the last time we saw you here. It is unlikely they would let it go a second time.

I do wish you luck, despite another poster being so adamant about how people here presume guilt. Keep pushing through with your appeals as best you can and please do let us know how it turns out.

7 Likes

Yeah youā€™re right. I am typing a lot, but in my mind I am not expecting to get a third chance. I am fully prepared for Blizzard to tell me politely that theyā€™ve ban-nuked everything that is under my name. I will let you all know the outcome, though. Maybe my experience with multiboxing can be useful to someone else in the future.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve read this whole tread and your previous thread. I understand that you uninstalled ISBoxer when your previous ban was overturned.

Unfortunately, just uninstalling may not remove all files from your computer. Itā€™ll uninstall the program, but residual files could still be left behind including the original file in your download folder, history, and any other misc. folders that may allow the program to function including your wow folders. Warden may still pick up something left over from the uninstall. When dealing with programs like this, itā€™s best to do a complete sweep and make sure you remove all traces of the program.

1 Like

In the case of ISboxer, I was pretty thorough about removing all traces of it. I even deleted the .jpeg files that I had custom-made for my ISboxer overlay years ago.

I will just note that banning a wow account for presumed exploitative behavior is relatively common.

Banning the battle.net account containing that wow account is less common and is usually an escalated penalty due to repeat infractions or the level of the exploit.

Banning all battle.net accounts, including inactive wow accounts on them, belonging to a user is quite rare and would generally only be done in the case of the most onerous offenses. The standard for evidence is going to likely be quite a bit higher than just having software on your machine. There is going to be a log trail.

4 Likes

In case you guys were curious, I took some screenshots to show my banned accounts. See here: https://imgur.com/a/BhBFwEa. I have a few other less used battle.net accounts that were not hit, but this is basically every account I have ever played on NA. Only my EU and PTR accounts were left untouched.

The EU accounts are handled by a sepperate team NA and EU have there own teams PTR is at the mercy of the QA team.

1 Like

I mean if that is ā€œexactlyā€ what caused him to be banned, itā€™s messed up / insane lol.

I am all for catching cheats and making sure fair play but come on.

Blizzard never tells a player what was caught that get them banned. They give a general area for what it was such as exploitation software or something equally benign that wont give away what was caught. All the OP can do is go the ticket route and keep doing so until such time as they tell him that no more appeals will be accepted.

4 Likes