Leeway was in Vanilla but (Latency had a part)

So you believe that in vanilla you should be able to cast a spell on some1 who is 45 yards away from you.

Thnk w/e you want, but I know for a fact that this was never possible in vanilla. Both melee+spells leeway are implemented incorrectly. Fact!

The game plays like Vanilla played. Thatā€™s correct. If you donā€™t like it thatā€™s just too bad.

No, your statements that 0ms and 0ms = 0yds leeway, is flat wrong.

A attacking B while both are moving, A has 2.66 yds of extra reach.

If A has 0ms they see the extra 2.66yds. If A has 300ms, it appears to them as if theyā€™re attacking normally, because while B is an extra 2.66yds away from them, the latency makes them look in normal range, because they havenā€™t been told how far B moved yet.

The leeway is fixed. Your latency affects how it appears.

Think about it. Why would I need leeway in a 0ms vs a 0ms fight? Use brains my good sir.

If I have 0ms my position on the server is 100% true, no matter who is looking at me. No need for leeway.

Denial. Itā€™s more than just a river that runs through Egypt.

Welcome to MMOā€™s where everyone is equal and complex network game systems that adapt to specific players were not built in 2006 and still arenā€™t today.

1 Like

Thereā€™s nothing complex about it. I used number lines that you see in elementary math class to explain. Iā€™m sure Blizz will figure it out once they get into middle school. Just give it some timeā€¦ Ahhh, I can just hear all the cries alreadyā€¦ itā€™s going to be beautiful for me.:joy:

Your concept isnā€™t complex. The implementation would be painstakingly complex and require far more network traffic and interrogation of that traffic than simply putting in a fixed value (which they did). Then scale that traffic to every single player and it becomes an exercise in futility.

I see no complexity behind it. Counter Strike has had it since early 2001.

Cool. Hows your gaming company coming along?

Not so well ever since that Blizzconā€¦ u know which one Iā€™m talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4d78HOuVfA#t=8m44s
as of right nowā€¦ 8m44s - 8m53s