Leeway was in Vanilla but (Latency had a part)

Edit: Go to post 119

Everything is explained simply at post 119. ty to all who helped.

1 Like

Blizzard have already explained this, if you take the time to check their post on NON BUGS incorrectly reported as bugs.

Hunters, meet your maker.

14m45s
15m50s

Watch the Warrior

We bit further than 1/2 yard.

4 Likes

Def looks 1yd or less extra to me. Don’t forget, swing animations occur after the weapons swing timer/weapon speed/weapon dealt aa dmg.

1 Like

nah…we’ll wingclip you from the other side of the zone !

1 Like

I do not remember arenas being a part of the 1.12 patch… Or cheat death…

The vid is from pre tbc patch. Every1 got hwl/gm gear for free basically.

right… but its “proof”… literally the ONLY video evidence they have that leeway was ANYTHING close to working in Vanilla as it is working in Classic…

But all these #nochanges warriors if they were not hypocrites should be calling for front stabbing to be added because we DO have MANY videos of how that worked in Vanilla…

If that looks like 1 yard or less to you in those two timestamps and clips in real time, then we all need to disregard what you say and ignore this thread.

Because that is clearly 5ish yards or more in those timestamps… You make yourself look bad by claiming thats 1 yard… If you find that video irrefutably proves your position wrong; then attack it another way, claim that its not usable as proof because its the Pretbc patch or something, but dont pretend that those were within 1 yard… just dont.

Yet another “Blizzard’s backup data is wrong and my memories prove it!” thread. Time to move along folks.

1 Like

1yd or less extra (leeway)! woud total to 6-7 yrds. u wrote all that for nothing.

The technology has changed and if you leave Leeway in the game it will have implications that were NOT a Classic Experiences for MOST (read almost ALL) players

Just like how front stabbing will NOT be in the game… dont see any warriors crying for that to be artificially put into the game you know for authenticity.

Did you even read Blizzard’s explanation, or are you just jumping on the “Their backup data is wrong” bandwagon?

2 Likes

NO it will NOT change the game OR combat for MOST, nor almost ALL players, as the MECHANIC was in VANILLA exactly as it is in CLASSIC. It is OPERATING the exact same WAY.

2 Likes
https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/c8eg81/to_all_of_those_who_claim_melee_leeway_wasnt_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ios_share_flow_optimization&utm_term=control_2

According to a decompile of 1.12 client leeway actually adds ~2.2 yards.

Maybe just maybe we never noticed how bad it was cause not everyone had top notch hardware and internet to make it so obvious. I know that I didn’t have <50ms even though I played a PST server and had broadband internet not dialup in 2004.

2 Likes

Ok COOL… we dont have ACCTUAL footage of this working any time from 1.1-1.12

But I accept that… you know what we DO have videos of???

Rogues Front Stabbing!!! Like dozens of them… from 1.1-1.12 timeframe…

You know what ISNT working in Classic… you guessed it… Front Stabbing!

So I assume that YOU being a fan of Leeway are going to FIGHT for a rogues ability to back stab your face…

I remember it happening with my Warrior back then. The thing is, however, it only operates under specific situations, so its not like its an every encounter mechanic that is showing up.
So to top it all off, not only were people with great ping the only ones noticing this happening, but it was only happening under select circumstances, leading to fewer memories being made.

Um.

I’m pretty sure front-stabbing wasn’t a thing in Classic, if it’s what I think you’re referring to…

It was a thing in Original World of Warcraft from 2004-2006… literal game play mechanics that people build guides around… You know what wasn’t a game play mechanic that people made guides around… yep… Leeway…

WoW Classic Leeway in Front Stabbing out… If you support Leeway you better support Front Stabbing… because it all boils down to #nochanges