LEEWAY Video

Please change the leeway mechanic blizzard. its outdated for todays environment. watch the vid and see how ridiculously far away a tauren warrior can attack. its just poor management to let something like this fly.

youtube: perplexity and leeway.

2 Likes

The issue is more complex than you think.

1 Like

That’s three hours long. Did you have a particular section you thought applied to the topic you could point us to?

1 Like

Nah watch it all. It’ll keep people busy for 3 hours.

It’s actually still a part of Retail today…

8 Likes

You think you do but you don’t.

4 Likes

It’s like managing people’s expectations have become your job. Are you a shill?

4 Likes

I really wonder some times if people are being paid by Square Enix and Project 99 to call people shill’s. You know “If I accuse them first it defuses them accusing me”.

6 Likes

I come to the forums for some laughs, but that statement [quote=“Eloraell-moon-guard, post:4, topic:222890”]
Nah watch it all. It’ll keep people busy for 3 hours
[/quote]

Seems like it’s a job for you though. Like you can’t leave. If I had to “work” the forums I might want a break too

7 Likes

#NoChanges

3 Likes

I think you need to take a step back. That was sarcasm…

Not really, I’d say the first half hour or so is the relevant content. I don’t have time right now to skim through it for the relevant parts.

The TL;DR of it though is there are multiple issues stacked together that is making the “leeway” issues we see happening. Blizzard is correct that leeway is authentic, but there are problems with the way it is activated.

3 Likes

I’m guessing spell batching is one of them since server>character position updating appears to work in batches similar to the 400 ms window.

2 Likes

before you parrot/vomit out another “nochanges”. watch the video (the 4 minute one on youtube). how can anyone say that looks like good gameplay? that it looks like an accurate range for melee…in that same vid, it is shown that the taurens warstomp isnt even as far reaching as the melee attacks by a good amount. lol.

2 Likes

Looks like authentic gameplay to me, and that’s what Classic WoW is all about. Not anyone’s subjective opinion of “good”. It existed in Vanilla WoW circa 2006, just like Spell Batching. So for the same reasons, it exists in Classic WoW. Mmmm mmm, authentic. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Uh, no.
Race: Tauren
Class: Warrior

surely you don’t have some other sort of reason why you think it looks authentic.

3 Likes

This video?

yep, thats the video.

Right, let’s do this.

LEEEEEEEWAAAAAAAAY
JEEEENNNNKINNNNNNS

2 Likes

The only reason Tauren don’t work that way in Retail right now, is that they reduced Tauren hitbox.

:joy::joy::joy:

You guys are…reaching.

Haha get it?

Taurens have a bigger hitbox so obviously that comes into play with melee leeway.

Orc is hitting from just outside the cobblestone and Tauren is hitting from inside but at the “edge” of the cobblestone.

1 Like