Leeway here to stay

I told you guys #nochanges

I’m so happy hahahahahaha

Actually the lamp post example is a bunch of baloney. They are changing the lightbulb back to white, because that’s what the background texture was in Classic, while now the background texture is purple.

They are changing it back to what it was, not what people remember, in both cases. You just don’t understand how computer graphics work.

Don’t feed 'em.

Timestamp 14:40

It’s way more than melee range and he’s still swinging.

1 Like

Already been addressed… it is NOT 10 or 12 yards away…
Out of melee range… Yes… working as it is in Classic… no…

Thats well beyond 10 yards.

17"??? woah calm down big boy! We’re 15" crts in these here parts!

Says you. To me, that’s working exactly like Leeway. While moving, reaching out to hit someone who is out of melee range. Max apparent distance is a factor of latency.

Yep, that’s what I was thinking when people tell me they want it to be the same as it was. They need to jump on their old computer systems and internet connections lol.

Your strawman is bad and you should feel bad

1 Like

“Classic should be an experience exact replica and Blizzard should make changes to authentic mechanics to adjust for modern hardware and network improvements.”

“Of course I won’t do anything to help replicate that exact experience I’m asking Blizzard to recreate. Why would I do anything on my end to accomplish that!”

How hunters are gonna fight melee ? If melee can outrange theirs traps by using leeway like here :

They are fighting with at trap between them, the war don’t even need to pass or get round it to hit him…

2 Likes

Oh man, I’ve been away from the forums for a bit since I got tired of replying to the same old tired arguments. Nobody was making threads about anything new. I’m so sad I missed the start of this thread. Glorious vindication for the “Authenticity before all else” crowd.

1. Props for Blizzard for indirectly calling out “Leeway” as a garbage non-descriptive term for it and providing proper clarity with “Melee Leeway”. I’ve been harping on that since the start. It’d be the same as screeching about “Spell Batching” by simply calling it “Batching”. Kudos, Blizzard.

2. Once again, authentic Classic WoW circa 2006 wins again. Even more props to Blizzard for doubling down on staying true to making things authentic wherever deemed possible. Classic WoW is going to be super authentic and it’s going to be glorious.

2 Likes

Preach on, brother. Preach on. As long as they stay true to their vision, this is my game for the next few years, minimum.

Still don’t think people are understanding the point. Leeway existed in vanilla, that has been addressed, reviewed, and Blizz confirmed.

The issue is that Blizz is stating the current leeway mechanic is “working as intended” and it is not. If you want some better context on how it is not I’d reference the following video post at 7min mark:

I don’t think people should be debating the existence, but instead be considering that the leeway functionality both from a spell and melee perspective is not behaving correctly as it did in vanilla.

Has also been Blizz confirmed to be working properly.

Thus the reason people are bringing this up as a point of debate. The base leeway distance component is proven to be valid, but how it is triggering in motion mechanics and how it is not being cut off from slows? It seemed that it was supposed to function where it adds the distance when you were in melee range and then you target moved outside of it extending that distance for the extra 2-3 yards. The behavior on beta is that it is giving this distance from any type of motion (strafing, jumping) and if the target is also within motion it extends the distance even more.

Additionally, targets under a chill effect or slow effect in general weren’t supposed to be granted this extra melee leeway distance. Mobs on the beta are being granted this extension. I’m saying that there is valid evidence that while leeway did exist, it is not behaving how it did in vanilla. I wouldn’t care much if there wasn’t specific videos that show the issues.

1 Like

That attack at 8:56 that is parried…

Thats like a ten yard attack?

1 Like

Guys, no-one should be playing Classic for PvP alone. The game is not balanced around PvP, it’s balanced around PvE. All you whinging over PvP issues is not going to change that. Enjoy the imbalance… or not.