Learning to Tank is so much nicer in FF14

Insanely incorrect. 80k viewers are not tuning in at once to watch a world first, like they did with echo on sylvannas. Nice try though bud. Ffxiv is cleared with no thought, the ui is atrocious with no addons allowed to fix it. It’s really bad.

What was the point of adding this part? The point could have been made without it.

The point was tanking in ff14 is better then in wow now putting it in terms you understand THAT IS HARD.

2 Likes

The point could have been made loud and clear without having to add that. Seems like a trollish FFXIV shill, because those are a thing.

What do you mean? He was explaining exactly why learning to tank is nicer in FF14…

5 Likes

Well it is true so what’s your point?

Right, another FFXIV is better post to add to the pile.

Subjective opinion. I think chocolate is better than vanilla. Doesn’t make it true for everyone.

The only thing bad in FFXIV is PvP. The rest of the game is pretty amazing including the community. It’s the superior MMO experience.

I would never recommend WoW to anyone in its current state. Even if the gameplay was still decent the community is trash. WoW isn’t a good experience anymore, that’s all in the past.

8 Likes

Its actually not braindead at all, when you get to raids it becomes serious business and savage/extreme trials make you watch your positioning/mechanics that force you to do things or be 1 shot.

I have 0 issues with FFXIV’s UI, its perfect. I also play with wow’s base UI and find it perfect. Addons are allowed in FF14 but its on a “dont use to bully/dont talk about it” kind of area.

Of course, forget about the mitigations abilities that you, and I quote youtuber Jocat here: “That you sometimes click once a subscription and never think about again” and thus adding to the frustration of the healer who have to keep spamming healing abilities on your sorry butt to keep you alive, rather than do what he is meant to do - deal damage!

Always remember, there is no tank or healer role. There is blue dps (who is quite good at taking slaps to the face, and here I thought Asahi had the most punchable face), red dps (Who is quite good at being your big brother who slaps the kids who gives you booboos), and green dps (Who is the mother who’ll nurse your bad wounds and then help your big brother slap the kids who gives you booboos.)

1 Like

You can be like an ostrich and stick your head in the sand and pretend no one see you but does not change that it is true.

1 Like

Your response doesn’t change the fact that the opinion is just that, subjective opinion.

1 Like

Just play healer than try to tank they way you’d like your tank to do it. I never tanked and yet i find it easy cause i can put myself in the shoes of other role.

In dungeons it’s absolutely braindead.

Sure, in Savage (extremes are still a joke) you’re a bit more engaged but Tanking is the easiest role by far of the 3.

Where are you “learning to tank”. Because it should not be m+.

And its not braindead in wow dungeons? Same thing, pull mobs, use defensives, hold mobs from DPS, GG.

Your basically stating tanking dungeons 101 for all mmos ever.

1 Like

it’s true that is why i will not tank m+, because i don’t know the routes to min max the timer and therefore would rather just do it on a dps or healer.

/p is the same in FF as it is in WoW lol wtf do you mean harder to use?

Haven’t played retail in a hot minute, potato PC can’t handle it much since BFA, have been playing TBC Classic.