Leakmas/future content discussion (Spoilers!)

I just want to see how long they’ll pull the whole “Haha all according to plan” thing that Sylvanas has going on. They can’t let their favorite undead waifu be scolded heavens no, so she’ll have some sort of narrative about how ‘everything is falling into place just as planned’ or whatever. I’d place some money on it.

2 Likes

I don’t know if Shadowlands is going to happen the way we think it will assuming that it is real.

The War Campaign probably should have take a more front and center thing since it was supposed to be the whole “thing” of the expac, but I’m not exactly upset that it didn’t.

Reading these leaks I’m mostly just trying to figure out how to rp around all of this. I’m probably going to pull all my characters who have remained around SW/Org and put them somewhere like Dalaran so that I don’t have to worry about what happens when they die and how they’re involved should anything come from blizzard.

What, uh, what was the “thing” of the expac?

It started off as Azerite, but that hasn’t come around for awhile. Then it became a faction war, but they quickly tapered that off as soon as they abandoned warfronts. Then it was Naga for a patch. And now it’s Old Gods?

2 Likes

That’s why there’s a cheeky line in Wrathion’s journal that honest to god says “The true battle for Azeroth will begin soon.” Turns out we don’t know what the expansion is about either.

BFA feels like they can’t decide what the “thing” of the expac is now

1 Like

I notice he says that a lot.

I still havent the foggiest idea how Azerite was supposed to change the game regarding warfare.

Like they play it up like it’s essentially nukes but it has thus far been nigh useless

1 Like

It, uh… made things go boom a bit more? And turned them blue?

Azerite was cool in theory, but executed poorly.

It turns out the real Battle for Azeroth was between Blizzard and the players.

2 Likes

Was it, though? It felt like just another New McGuffin, like the Pillars of Creation.

1 Like

Did it though? Anduin nabbed the killing blow on their big scary war machine with his sword and thus far the Blight has been leaps and bounds more effective than anything Azerite related.

Hence the question mark.

Again, cool ideas on paper - but when they actually made it to the game and into the story, it was just watered down and diluted. This expansion more feels like they let everyone on the writer’s team toss in what they wanted, which only watered everything else down into ‘eh’.

1 Like

It’s going to feel incredibly underwhelming if we’re going to release N’Zoth just to kill/disable him in the next patch. Can you imagine it?

“Old Gods at their full strength can wipe us. Similarly to how we needed major backing to fight LK, Deathwing, Argus, KJ with major players backing us, etc.”

“N’zoth is released. This is gonna be P. bad!”

“Lmao nah nvm we just found something that can 1 shot him.”

“That was easy.”

I honest to god forgot that artifact power was Azerite. It became so monotonous and irrelevant to the story that I genuinely forgot that’s what that was.

3 Likes

Alright, so I have sort of realized something that lends credence to the Shadowlands leak, or at the very least an “Azeroth is free!” ending for BfA.

Remember the start of the BfA cinematic? Sylvanas says,

Ours is a cycle of hatred. Alliances forged and broken. We have paid the price for sharing this world, and we have forgotten what makes us strong.

What does she think makes us strong? Could be our fighting makes us stronger. Or it could be uniting makes us stronger, too I guess. But in any case, Sylvanas thinks this war will make us stronger so we can face a bigger threat, presumably.

So when we finish this expansion we’ll basically be “strong enough” for the real battle for Azeroth. That lines up nicely with the leak.

I have a feeling that BfA is going to age very poorly, even by comparison to how it feels right now. I just look back at Legion with how they yanked pretty much everything but transmog grinding from the artifact weapons… which were a pretty huge feature when it was current, but now just feel weird and hollowed out.

What does BfA have that will outlive the expansion’s hayday? Warfronts and island expansions are it, basically. No new class was added, and while you can squint at Allied Races to qualify as a “feature”, being locked behind reputation grinding makes those feel more like patch content than anything on the tier of Pandaren or Blood Elves/Draenei that felt like they had some long-term significance.

It’s going to be really, really weird.

1 Like

I love WoD, unpopular opinion… but that’s also because Frostfire Ridge alone is one of my favorite maps hands down story wise.

I might be in the minority in liking BFA’s overall story when it comes to the conflict etc. but I do feel like the Azerite thing is going nowhere. (and I’d like to not have to power up gear.) Makes me hope the level squish thing is real too.