Leakmas/future content discussion (Spoilers!)

Concluding it in 8.2.5 feels like they want to sweep up the Faction War and move on to Old Gods.

1 Like

I’m wondering if all that stuff about them wanting to wrap up BfA quickly so they can move on to the next thing was right on the money.

There’s certainly precedent for it, given how WoD played out.

1 Like

It does fit their pattern

I mean, how do they do that, though? Short of just deciding Sylvanas died and we can all go home, they still have to conclude this somehow.

Sylvanas monologues about how she was mind controlling every Horde soldier during the War of the Thorns, actually, and then Anduin smites her and a crowd of copy-pasted NPCs cheer.

1 Like

Everything suddenly cuts to black then we wake up in a horse carriage on a mountain with one guy going “Oh good, you’re finally awake”

Cue WoW 2

5 Likes

They could just… ugh, they could just cliff-hanger it like Garrosh.

Everyone tell the Celestials to shut the asterisk-ampersand-ck up if they start talking about a trial.

The Pandaren aren’t around to ruin this one, right?

Wonder if this guarantees an xpac reveal at Blizzcon then.

What’s a Pandaren?

Okay for real, how do I actually quote people anymore. I’m sick of using block quote.

This has been driving me insane since the forum update.

Select the text in their post, and a “Quote” option will appear.

1 Like

You should just be able to highlight text, then click/tap the “Quote” button that appears.

I love you.

Is it really an update when it’s actually broken things?

2 Likes

No, you see its an update because they added a rep grind to it.

Content!
jazz hands

3 Likes

Them wrapping up the War Campaign in 8.2.5 seems to disprove the Shadowlands leak, at least.

Further, 8.2.5 appears to have not one, but two cinematics, one of which is quite lengthy.

https://twitter.com/thompshire/status/1172217343554007041

(Scroll up a bit to read the whole thread)

I really hope we do get an announcement and it’s not a “wait till Gamescon” thing or whatever happened with Legion.

A .4 patch has always been the pre-patch, has it not? I expect 8.3.X to be the end of BfA and .4 to be the start of whatever is next.

1 Like

So, what, the War Campaign wraps up in a few cinematics and quests rather than a raid? I’m not totally opposed to it, but dang.

1 Like

Reading about the War Campaign concluding and that 8.2.5 has a bigger than normal cinematic has me coming back to this:

A big cinematic will take place at the gates of Orgrimmar, “something huge (like Wrathgate)”, and Sylvanas and her loyalists will be forced out of the city.

And now I’m very :thinking:

Anyway, at least Shadowlands wasn’t real.

1 Like

Trash. It’s trash.

The entire “War Campaign” was nothing but a garrison questline where you go and do something that is utterly meaningless in the larger story context.

Nothing changes in the world if you don’t run across it. Nothing changes in the world if you do, you just decide to get a front seat of what’s happening.

After all this it seems more that Blizzard is trying to brush it off under the rug similar to WoD and focus on other, important things. They’re right in that context.

Mardecai angry reEeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEE.

2 Likes