League of Legends is killing WoW

It’s not really just league. It’s just there’s better games out there haha.

1 Like

Well League of Legends makes more profit than any Blizzard game on a monthly basis. LoL is always competing with DFO for first place. The reason why Blizzard hasn’t recover its glory days is because bad development, administration, catering to a crowd that doesn’t really support them, still think they’re the kings of mmmorg, and plainly egotistic greedy. I suppose the leadership there isn’t stable hence why important figures left. Blizzard wants to be in the E-Sport scene like LoL, but it will never because they’re still stuck on the same protocols.

If they do another time gate and the protocols like these last 3 expansions. Then you can guarantee players will leave on a large scale again and dedicated subs will be in the hundred thousands than millions.

They’re about the same to an extent. However it wouldn’t take much for LoL to take a dark gritty route considering how their lore goes with each champion.

Considering their track record. If they don’t recover anytime soon. Yeah that is a possible fate.

I like Illidan in that Universe.

My response was sarcasm, I was implying that WoW isn’t really all that gritty. Because it isnt.

That is true and their competition. Took notes from WoW and improvised on their concepts.

It’s been the number 1 streaming game on twitch for like the last 10 years?

This is true. WPVP will never catch on and hold with a larger audience while gear and ganking rule the roads. Without some way to either smooth the curve so as to actually make talent/gear and a system to make “heh…fun to gang stomp this area 5/10/15 to 1” and/or “man…that 15th time I’ve killed this dude clearly just trying to get across this zone is as much fun as the first. Stupid lowbie, this is my house!” a limited notion it will never change.

To those who say “that’s fine” I’ll try to keep a mop handy for the “why don’t we get more dev time” tears. As a group this exact dichotomy exists and has persisted for as long as i can recall. Note that I did not say any individual among you held both of these points of view but rather that the population of WPVP players do.

I’ve played LOL for many years and have only played WOW for the last year. LOL is relatively simple once you get the mechanics down. WOW is overwhelmingly complicated, it seems to a newb like me.
I think the better comparison is between HOTS and LOL. HOTS is such a better game. LOL has had one map forever and ever. And you spend 20 minutes farming–doing the dance of zoning and last hitting minions. I have no idea why it continues to be so popular. But then popularity does not always equate with quality or greatness.

1 Like

A lot of today’s players couldn’t handle that era of MMO. Could you imagine these forums if the game had say…characters that were deleted after the third death? Loss of xp or items upon death? Gear that at some point will degrade to 0 value no matter how many times you repaired it? Please. Some of these players can’t handle a challenging zone without crying for nerfs. eg:Torghast

It’s everything we can do to keep from turning this game into a snoozefest where your top gear is instantly mailed to you and bosses arent just immobile pinatas.

1 Like

Ion’s vision is what’s killing things. I’ve talked a handful of friends into coming back and giving Shadowlands a try but after the initial levelling is finished they all have the same complaint, that it’s just too much grind for too little rewards.

Only WoW can kill WoW. Let’s hope they don’t succeed.

Came here for some really bad LoL takes, was not disappointed.

I guess most viewed game on twitch isn’t existing :joy::joy:.

This community is a clown show.

Yeah these guys are comically delusional. Half of them seem like bots who just say catchphrase words and don’t actually understand anything they’re typing.

Yeah it’s only the highest twitch, the highest grossing game, and the most popular game in the western market by a huge long-shot, and competes for the top of the Asian market. They’re doing TERRIBLE!!!

https://twitchtracker.com/games

https://twitchtracker.com/games/peak-viewers

Are you sure about that?

Great. You didn’t understand anything I said and then proceeds to ad hominem.

• I already said it is obvious.

• “Tons of people” is a irrelevant statement. It says nothing. Tons of people take any game seriously. I pointed out that the large majority are extremely casual players who couldn’t care less if League becomes trash since they can jump to the next big hit on the market. They have no personal attachment to the game. That is not how the majority of the RPG fans treat their selected franchises.

• Just because they have a wall of text of unnecessary overcomplication doesn’t mean they are not cheap or generic. The large majority of the new champions are just variations of sexy topless emoboys and sexy cute anime girls with overloaded kits that are not hard at all to understand.

1 Like

lol top rating game that actually came from warcraft (their game)
but THEY are doing better then blizzard. LOL that would be a big punch in the gut for them

It’s an MMO, the social experience is part of the game.

Here is the thing, not all games are for everyone, that is why there are multiple genres.
If lobby style games where you can hit queue and group with multiple people then that is fine, but not all games need to be like that.

Games that aren’t lobby focused don’t need to become lobby focused to fit in with the people who do like those games, those people simply need to stick to games that fit their ideal.

I’m not a big fan of ARPGs, that doesn’t mean ARPGs need to fit my ideals, I simply don’t play them.
I don’t wish for them to be ruined for people who do enjoy those games just to appeal slightly more to me (but still probably not hitting the mark).

1 Like

legion stat template pvp was the best pvp format and I’ll die on that hill

1 Like

eyeroll

I didn’t know that the extremely low drop rate of loot… was a political mindset.

Most of the complaints about WoW have nothing to do with any political mindset…

Do you guys even bother to think before posting anymore… or is it a race to generate the dumbest statement first?

3 Likes

So what, you try and prove me wrong by listing it as the 2nd most viewed game lol? Behind gta5 which is 1/3 xqc? I’ll just assume you meant sarcasm.

What are you talking about? Professions have been huge this expansion, and the map layouts are pretty solid.