Layering sucks even if its just P1 (Video Proof)

Well you should be static to the same layer for your play session.
Only if you group or relog do you have a chance to switch layers.

1 Like

Well only if you group with someone in a different layer. If you are in the same layer it shouldn’t be shifting you.

Players are reporting that they see players appear and disappear as they land from the bird from flying. SW to Darkshire …it’s posted in the Beta forums. Not at the FP itself but in town.

The way sharding works is you go to the leaders ‘shard’ i thought.

Yeah I don’t think that shoukd be happening. That’s sharding, which is the exact issue layering is supposed to remove. All of this stuff needs to be reported as a bug.

With sharding you do, layering you would if you are in different layers.

1 Like

I think it’s just blizzard calling to something else and rolling out what they want.
It will most likely be like BfA so get ready for shard hoping.

2 Likes

OP but you’re showing me a single example of layering gone bad. Without layering, tens of thousands of players will be locked out and get sent to a queue due to full pop.

Then we’ll have to sit through thousands more salty threads

Where as here, we’ll get about a dozen or so complaints temporarily until the populations stabilize.

I have flashback of BfA beta from this comment…

1 Like

and now its a feature

Capital raids are the theme of my guild. Out raid getting shunted into another dimension when we roll into Orgrimmar… Well, Blizzard thinks they’re be putting us on another layer. In reality, that alternate dimension would be a private server.

1 Like

If you’d actually read the posts on this subject that contain videos, you’ll see that the implementation of layering we’ve had so far is a complete disaster and screws up everything from rare gathering to city raids.

Yeah, stabilize on, like 5 servers out of 30+, as people naturally gravitate towards population centers, because they A. Don’t want to be on a “dead” server and B. There’s no queue to stop them from dogpiling, unlike in the old days. It made people spread out. Not anymore.

The megaservers will be hundred layer cakes all the way up until phase 2. And then comes the fracturing.

I like that…“another dimension”.

Queue up that Twilight Zone music.

1 Like

I’ve made 2 posts about that.

One for Sharding:

One for Layering:

And nobody really seems to care. Should be discussed more I suspect.

People don’t seem to think that way sadly.

What are you talking about? And no, i will enjoy playing Classic, thank you very much, I just dont want server issues.

Yep, plenty of crashes and queue times though.

Doesn’t seem intentional since he could see all the players he was invited to join.

Bump this to raise awareness.

So you’re telling me a beta tester found a bug in the game? And then from watching… this tester failed to report it?

I don’t trust Blizz either but lets at least hold the testers accountable who aren’t reporting the bugs… I stopped watching after “I don’t even know what to report.” Uhm… the bug you just witnessed!

This same exact thing happens in BfA all the time. Their tech sucks.