Layering: not rocket science

Anyone can check this for themselves.

Really? Weird, have seen private server launches that became successful communities with 10k+ online within the first few hours. In addition, if this such a concern, make servers have multiple clusters at launch. Aka: Sargeras1, Sargeras2, Sargeras3, Sargeras4. Have your friends roll on the appropriate numbered server. After a few weeks, merge all Sargeras clusters in to Sargeras. Lastly, reserve names across all clusters. If Kungen exists on Sargeras2, no other name Kungen can be used on any other Sargeras cluster.

Go ahead and tell me why this couldn’t be used, I will wait. Even though this whole problem is manufactured in the first place, as already stated regarding private server launches.

1 Like

Congratulations. Classic will blow those miniscule launches out of the water.

I’ve said it could, but Blizzard didn’t go that way and now its too late…

Lol, that is only one server. If you think 10k is bad then maybe you should see how your dead BFA servers are doing, let me know the population.

Clearly, link to post?

2 Likes

They can’t, they won’t.

Which doesn’t make them feel any better about the time where it exists.

I’m not happy about a headache just because I know it will pass eventually.

No, I definitely agree. What I don’t agree with is that layering is necessary to make that happen.

Right, which is the argument AGAINST layering. It’s not a personalized game; it’s meant to be a recreation of vanilla, which didn’t have layering.

Yeah, that’s usually the case. There’s a reason WoW has been on the decline for several years.

Just because Blizzard wants it doesn’t make it good.

Yeah, probably. That’s true of most feedback. These forums aren’t meant to be a place to provide feedback. We’re here to discuss things with other players, not with Blizzard.

I think my definition of a successful launch of Classic would be a faithful recreation of vanilla with no bugs (save for the ones that existed in vanilla), no crashes, no lag, and no disconnects.

Anything that happens beyond that is simply part of vanilla, for better or for worse. “Warts and all” they called it.

If you don’t like the queues, that’s fine. I don’t like queues either, honestly. If I were to make changes, preventing them would be among those changes. But I won’t make changes to Classic, because that defeats the entire purpose of Classic.

Need more data on that, really.

How quickly does 1.5m become 500k?
Will any of those 500k still be in queues?
How many realms is that 1.5m spread out across?
Is 500k the population they planned to have concurrently playing at once, or active users?

I wonder why that is.

1 Like

That’s not evidence of you saying anything. Unless you are claiming to be Kaivax?

1 Like

Lol? I asked for you to show me where you were against layering and the multiple server cluster method I presented. Where is it?

2 Likes

I wasn’t posting evidence of me saying anything. I was posting that Blizzard is done with closed beta, and the list of things they’re working on does not include Layering replacements, and has easily enough to fill a month before launch.

That was the “Too late” part.

I can’t be bothered searching for posts previously about things that don’t matter.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1 Like

Fine.

xD⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1 Like

It was in a thread where we had a reasonable discussion. I guess you guys weren’t there.

Looks like you were arguing pro-laying.

2 Likes

This is a direct quote of you saying you supported what I proposed

This is just you supporting layering?

I don’t expect you to find me a post at this point. How about the fact you said it’s “too late” with Blizzard? This is a paid product, not charity. Do you really believe the company knows better than the customer? We should always be speaking up about unacceptable issues.

2 Likes

You wanted me to “prove” where I was ok with your suggestion of static layers… I did.

Now you’re changing the goal posts. If you want me to post things about no changes, look in the Guild bank threads, the achievement threads, the transmog threads, and all the other non-vanilla Retail changes.

We agree on far more than we disagree, but you’re so hung up on Layering you can’t see that.

And since you’re still the “This is my first ever thread” Paladin, you don’t really get to claim you’re a champion of No Changes.

1 Like

“The customer is always right” is generally only trotted out by people who know they’re wrong.

2 Likes

Anyway, far past my tolerance level for stupid people demanding things of me so… later!

1 Like

Seems legit when you know you’re wrong, insult and leave.

I already checked your post history and was disappointed, pass.

I don’t want any changes. J Allen Brack talked about our favorite flavor being Vanilla, and we are getting Vanilla with chocolate swirl and sprinkles, and maybe worse down the road with players like you brigading the community. Imagine if you ordered a pizza with just cheese, but the restaurant put anchovies and honey and whatever else you didn’t want or ask for. “Oh well! The business knows best! Guess I will eat it anyway!”

? Lol

2 Likes

Not pay and just leave…

1 Like