Layering exploit is real - Guy has 160,000 gold in Arcane Crystals

Also, the more people know about it the less valuable it will be, if everyone adapts layer swapping for nodes, you will just get to swap layers to end up standing in a pile of doods swapping layers and hoping to first click the node.

Its like AH addons, the less people using them, the more money using one will make you, but if everyone playing used it, prices would be far more accurate and you really wouldnt be able to print money standing in org at the AH for a few hours.

The more people know about this, the faster it will be fixed, or the prices will have normalized making it less effective than other methods of gold farming.

1 Like

If an inv doesnt swap layers because they are in the same layer, just keep asking, but you can try to layer and not move.

I feel like you could make a living writing for a tabloid OP.

3 Likes

Right, but in practice, how long does it take mobs to repop? Clear em out, layer, clear them out. Assuming you have at least 2 people in different layers, you could easily keep going.

When everyone starts doing what this guy does, gold will be worthless on every realm cause you’ll have a layering exploiter ruining the economy for everything. Even after it’s gone, there will be so much gold by then, that everything’s value will be garbage.

… old video from beta.

Try not spreading false information.

A player literally can not switch layers that quickly. For one if you log out now you are locked to your previous layer for around 15-20 minutes. Which means if you log back in within a few seconds. You get put back to the same layer.

Any person who says otherwise is wrong.

Spreading lies is annoying. So don’t do it.

6 Likes

Yeah, im not arguing that, just point out, that without a lot of planning, and some luck, its not that easy to do. That said, is it impossible? No.

1 Like

Chicken Little told me

But doing this doesn’t create gold. It doesn’t increase the amount of gold in the server’s economy. It puts more arcane crystals in the server’s economy.

This isn’t about arcane crystals anymore, it’s about any item that can fit the role and be farmed to no ends. If you take a collector’s edition baseball card and mass produce it into the economy, suddenly everyone can get one and it’s value is literally $0

“but if you had 50 guild online, and they where all over the world, and you are farming a specific breed of raptor in Arathi, I do believe you could ‘hop’ 49 times, assuming your guild was not grouped.”

So your concept is that every single person spawns a new layer?

I don’t think you understand how things work.

1 Like

I have 20,000 various green items for sell. You can trust me. I thought about becoming a doctor.

1 Like

No I understand not everyone will, however if you are farming mobs with a respawn, you only need to find 2, maybe 3 layers, and you are set. By the time you exhaust those 2 layers, you will be farming the first one again, and if you did it right, you could do this ‘forever’.

There are not infinite layers. Black lotus has a 1 hour respawn. If there are 10 layers (which is probably overly generous on most server) thats 10 an hour, and that is if and only if no other player on no other layer has harvested said lotus.

2 Likes

Yep that is how jokerd hit 60 before other people. But that’s massively different than farming nodes…

UPDATE!!!

I’VE JUST BEEN TOLD HOW TO DETERMINE YOUR LAYER AND SWAP AUTOMATICALLY!!!

I’ve been told that the method to determine your unique layer has now been figured out, and boy oh boy, it is easy!

That’s it - Classic is in big trouble. Blizzard needs to fix this asap!

1 Like

The issue won’t be an issue for long, it worked for those ahead of the pack because there was nobody farming those mobs on any layer. Once people are actually in those zones they aren’t going to have free reign over them on every spawn.

This sped up the tryhards a bit, but they were going to be 60 the next day without this spawn since they all account share and its not like AOE farming a single layer with noone around isn’t pretty efficient either.

Pretty big meh. The basement dwelling gamergate incels were going to be 60 in the first week one way or another.

1 Like

Oof this is big. guess layering is gonna go now

Thats terrible!! What addon is it so I don’t accidentaly download it?

3 Likes

Does this addon have a name so that we can go check the claims made?

1 Like