Lag/Jittering with every quest hand-in/Level up

oh thank god its not just me, thought my stuff was dyin.

7 Likes

I’ve also been having this problem on multiple characters. A death knight questing with War Mode on in BfA zones, and a monk without war mode on just doing dungeon quests.

Terrible fix but I reinstalled and it fixed.

Been having the exact same issue as everyone here. Happens during turn-ins, and when an enemy dies. It doesn’t matter what zone I’m in either. I haven’t changed any settings in the game or my PC…this has only started today; I never had any issues before this patch.

1 Like

May as well add my 2 cents here. :slight_smile: Having same issue with lag when turning in quests, kill a rares in Naz and Mech.

1 Like

Yeah same issue here and all my guildies too

1 Like

Happening to me as well in BFA zones

Thanks for your reports and providing further details! We’ve had reports of this happening in different regions as well. I’ve added the details provided so far and tracking the issue! Hopefully, we’ll have more details here soon!

19 Likes

Yup, can I join in on this too, happening to me as well. Some of my UI is also messed up too. When I mouse over ? the pop-up is in the top right now, not right above.

1 Like

I’ve already mentioned this in the bugs forum, but I wanted to add that I was having the same issue in Northrend, Stormwind, and in Gilneas.

Edit: Also in Death Knight starting area

1 Like

Can we please get this fixed, it ruins muh immersion.

2 Likes

happened in bfa as well as goldshire and stormwind for me. on different level toons with and without addons.

hope this gets fixed, it makes my hard drive scream when it stutters.

Still not fixed. I had this issue yesterday after the patch and it’s still here this morning. I am disappointed. ALSO… just to note… I do not have this issue in Classic.

1 Like

This seems to be a big issue, and even killing a rare in Naz causes a slight freeze.

1 Like

Its indeed an annoying bug…

I disabled all addons, tried turning quests in on Horde side in Silverpine Forest and Hellfire Peninsula on different characters. One character had war mode on and the other off. Both experiencing the 1-3 second freeze/lag.
Thank you for looking into the issue!

Wanted to emphasize this happens beyond just quest turn-ins. Also with, eg, chest openings, rare kills, etc. Happens with max and lower level alts, in war mode and out, in mechagon, stormsong, tiragarde, drust, Both before and after the recent huge windows 10 update. Whole screen freezes for a bit, not just the active toon.

Except, though it happened with every treasure chest I tried in mechagon and kul tiras, I did not notice it when I opened a weekly war chest in boralus.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Happens with any activity that involves items. General combat/movement etc is fine.

So I did a quest on a lowbie rogue with engineering. It was to get gnomish engineering. Turned it in and there was no freezing. The quest involved no exp though… I feel like the freezing has something to do with gaining exp.