1 Like

“Sorry, but the Deli is across the Street.”
/smile

2 Likes

Thanks for the help

1 Like

“Does it say Ladies ONLY??? Does it say No Men Allowed? No it does not.”

2 Likes

plenty of males have popped in and been welcomed.

The only difference, is they bought snacks instead of a combative attitude.

2 Likes

show us where it says “only”.

?

you’re acting like it’s got a big sign which says “NO BOY GERMS ALLOWED!”

4 Likes

Now you’re just embarrassing yourselves, honestly.

1 Like

So the point of disagreement is in how you two want to define or what you want to base “equality” on. You mostly look at the law and the law says we’re all equal. Others look at what’s actually happening in their lives and the lives of people they know, what they’ve experienced for no reason other than their gender.
You can do the same thing with problems mostly men face by the way. Paper =/= life realities.

The only actual requirement to be welcomed here is that you’re not opposed to snacks from what I’ve gathered.

1 Like

Just because a thread is titled “Ladies Lounge and Megathread”, does not mean no men allowed.

4 Likes

well… i’m gonna finish my coffee, then go wash my hair.
if i leave it too late, it won’t dry before bed :stuck_out_tongue:

omg GURL STUFF!!

4 Likes

I think they are doing it on purpose to get the thread locked. Might be actually best not to reply to them.

3 Likes

“Enjoy your coffee, and sweet dreams.”
/hugs

3 Likes

I like when people are friendly.

3 Likes

A friendly community is a happy community :purple_heart:

4 Likes

i’ll still be up for another 5 hours or so… i want to try get a few more things done in Mechagon

…yes, I’m bored of that place, but i want to make some decent progress on all the achievements I never did.

I only got around to unlocking mechagnomes last night!

3 Likes

I’m a man and I feel pretty welcome.

Or like in healthcare you get a lot of the “where’s the actual doctor” or even outright someone stating they don’t trust female doctors. This bugged me in my first year residency to no end.

3 Likes

I’ll go make a megathread named “Men’s Lounge and Megathread”.

Women will still be allowed though!

That means it won’t be deleted… right?

…right?

Again, this was my whole point.

Sad I’ve had to repeat that numerous times.

Arguing semantics proves you know I’m right, and are deflecting to somehow look “less wrong”.

2 Likes

I think I can provide some context here.

This megathread was created for fun when someone else created a Dude/Bro Megathread as a way to provide genuine support in response to a troll thread which went by “White Male Only Megathread” where the OP was found to be trolling and fighting with others.

I share your sentiment in that it is unfair that the Dude/Bro Megathread has been taken down by the mods. And it’s also consistent with how male issues (e.g. male suicide, lack of mental health support) seem to be ignored and dismissed by the world. It’s not right and I get that anger.

But I don’t think it’s fair to fight for visibility of those issues by taking down other communities. We all benefit by uplifting each other instead of competing with who gets to be on top or going for an all or nothing approach.

I do hope things change as time goes on. I don’t really know what the mods are doing, and I also hope more people in other communities share their support for this. But for now, at least raise visibility on a personal level.

10 Likes

I don’t get why the men’s lounge threads were deleted either. Nobody really does I think. That’s why I said it’s a bit of a misdirected complaint here. We were all in support of the last threads as far as I know and I’m not sure anybody understands why they got deleted.

Beautifully said.

7 Likes