Lack of moderation is just killing these forums

We have an unofficial understanding of who is and who isnt an MVP around here. They will keep things in order.

As they should. Its a terrible system.

The MVP program was intended to facilitate discussion. Players were chosen based on their history of constructive discussion. After a new MVP had joined the program, they were basically on their own and had no real contacts within Blizzard.

Over the years, a few players who didn’t fit into that model became part of the program and were removed. Blizzard decided to phase out the program by no longer recruiting after one bad actor, a streamer who was condescending to other players in the forum over an extended period of time, essentially destroyed the credibility of the program and made it a joke. Eventually he was removed, but the damage was done. So now, years later, we still occasionally see players making comments about MVP’s being useless or counterproductive even though it was just that one guy who should have been booted out early.

3 Likes

It’s understandable but sad in a way. People like Mirasol have always been respectable.

4 Likes

Most MVP’s have been reasonable and constructive. I think moderators (and maybe their bosses) were amused by the antics of that bad actor until people started a fair number of threads about “What’s wrong with this guy?”

I don’t know if he still plays. Probably the disappearance of MVP’s on the forum is a result of players leaving the game in general.

Say the “wrong” things and you’ll see them almost instantly.

3 Likes

You see players post in green text a lot? I don’t.

Bruh people treat mvps like a joke.

Once blues left the forum, at least in any meaningful way, it was clear they didn’t care anymore about the forum. The results to that decision are a forum full of trolls or just angry people.

Yes I understand there were still trolls when blues were active on the forum, but it was a higher class of troll, more meaningful threads, far better community.

The forum has become a place for trash talk, social political battles, and trolls with no imagination. Grats Blizzard!

Could be DF is just boring in general and the forum hasn’t been as spicy or interesting imo.

1 Like

If it wasn’t for trolls, it would be painfully obvious how little discussion takes place on the forums now.

1 Like

MVP’s aren’t important anyway. They aren’t employed by Blizzard.

Because posters act like rabid apes when one of them posts. It’s best they don’t post much unless they are going to start banning the rabid monkeys from the forum.

What will this solve?

It’s been that way for a number of years now.

probably because most of them have been jokes over the years. Many of them never even instigated positive discussion.

It is not the moderators’ function to post on the forums. They are there to deal with player reports by deleting offensive posts or threads.

1 Like

I didn’t make the claim that it was part of their job.

MVPs aren’t knowledgeable, they’re just people without strikes on their account and post way to frequently.

1 Like

Blizzard doesn’t care about the forums. They don’t even have moderators on here unless they get a report that its something bad. Dev’s refuse to look here for any feed back because every class forum is full of people crying about not being the best of the best in dps and tank and healing even if they are strong and ranked 2

You said

Moderators do not post on the forum at all. You have no idea who the moderators are. If you see a Blizzard employee posting on the forum, they are not a moderator.

They do, it’s just very rare. One posted and responded to someone in the Dungeons and Raids sub-thread before the score adjustment.

1 Like

I remember a certain Gnome MVP who openly stated he didn’t do much beyond quest in the game. I’m not sure why he was ever an MVP anyway, he couldn’t have much of a discussion beyond questing and pet battles since he didn’t engage in any other aspect of the game. lol

1 Like

I don’t think the Blizzard employees who post to respond to players are the same ones as those who delete posts and lock threads.