Kris Zierhut interview states no RDF but will implement tank/healer dungeon incentives

Idk…
looks at the bill cosby suite

Are you sure about that?

1 Like

That’s what I mean. How does a non-automated system determine who the tank/healer is, when we are all responsible for setting our own roles?

1 Like

And the relevance of this to the game’s health is what, exactly?

That’s true too! Easier to do content without RDF if you’re on a realm that’s poppin’, but the server locks kinda hurt that.

I was adding on to your jab but okay

What doesn’t it have to do with the games health? After people found out about what Blizz was doing in the “Cosby Suite” many people left and it painted Blizz in a terrible light. Or do you live under a rock?

1 Like

I dont think i can consider it a mistake until a couple weeks into wrath. Its not like there is no system in place at all. It may not be perfect but ive had no issues when ive used it.

Also in the interview it sounded like Joyous Journeys might stick around

It seemed like he was skirting around the topic and trying not to drop that info but kept saying that it worked, that the flow felt nice, etc. Basically he said everything except for it being permanent.

I feel like we’ll get an announcement about it staying soon.

1 Like

How many people left?

F if I know dude, a lot probably. Your guess is as good as mine.

According to the video there’s an algorithm that will determine who was the tank and who was the healer in a dungeon. When the final boss is killed the tank and healer determined by the algorithm gets a reward bag.

1 Like

How do you know it’s many?

Based off what?

I remember that it was enough that FFXIV had insane queues for months after that drama happened, and every WoW content creator was trying FFXIV.

I think Wrath Classic and Dragonflight are bringing people back though

A few people on the forums during mid day. If you disagree with them they tell you to get a job and insult you.

Guessing that they are projecting.

1 Like

Correlation =/= causation. Try again.

Probably who took the most damage and who did the most healing, doesn’t sound too hard to figure out

1 Like

I’m getting confused. So which is it?
Are they not wanting to add it because socialization or
because they don’t want people gearing too fast?

4 Likes

Bro just look it up, takes 5 minutes to read the stories and to make an educated guess. Not going to go over several months long court case for you.

3 Likes

I’m all for the tanking incentives. It’ll make me want to tank more and not feel like I’m losing out on other farming ventures.

1 Like

Great!

No way for that to be abused or worked around, for sure! Blizzard’s algorithms are guaranteed!

1 Like

The pivoting! I think us being loud is working

1 Like