Kris Zierhut interview states no RDF but will implement tank/healer dungeon incentives

Which I personally don’t understand, they’ve been trying to engineer this since vanilla classic and it hasn’t worked, it will never work.

People don’t play like this anymore.

3 Likes

RDF solved the problem that plagued Vanilla and TBC, that was also present in the Classic versions.

“LFM for BRD, no more warriors/rogues/mages/warlocks”

“LFM for H SV, no more hunters”

Alternatively, “LF 2 more for normal ramparts, need tank and heals” from 3 hybrid classes.

Even having the group finder from retail would be a vast improvement. That tool is amazing and it doesn’t just throw you into a group with strangers, if that’s your sticking point - you have to put the group together yourself. But it’s way more streamlined and intuitive than what Classic has right now.

2 Likes

There’s a bit more than just mythic dungeons. The loot will be T7 10 man loot and 10 mans will share gear with 25 man. Also they’re adding the tank/heal loot satchel which will actually have good rewards(so rare pets and mounts)

Your original claim was it stagnated after RDF was released. Adding 500k new players to an MMO that costs $15 a month to play AND has a box charge isn’t something you can just handwave away. As much as it seems like you are trying your hardest to.

LFR gave the game life by that definition.

If you’re conveying his words properly, this 100% sounds to me like they intend to add RDF in later on in wotlk classic. If their reasons for not having it right at launch is because it would make things too easy, they’ll definitely implement it by the end of wotlk classic as a catch-up mechanic.

So no RDF because they want it to be harder in the form of waiting 4 hours to be invited to a group for a dungeon you didn’t sign up for then be asked to play a role you didn’t sign up as?

Sounds like typical blizzard logic to me.

Hopefully it’s a gold incentive cause I need gold , my Druid is already resto and I’ll gladly spam dungeons as prot for extra gold

2 Likes

Idk why you are waiting 4 hours. I can literally get a group in less than 2 minutes i bet.

Saw streamer raids decked in Heroic loot chain wiping in Naxx on the beta. Why would it matter if people were full Heroic geared quickly?

Aka…just like Retail. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I am, honestly he hit the “at least for the first few weeks” part like twice

So tanks not only have to be bought or “tipped”

but they also get rewarded for doing it?

Then yeah, I no longer have a doubt in my mind that they’ll add RDF to Wotlk Classic eventually

Whether they’re planning on releasing it with Phase 2 all along, or they’re holding it in reserve for a particularly rainy day, that just doesn’t sound like they’re NEVER going to add it in.

They arent conveying his words properly go watch the video yourself. This post is honestly trolling the pro rdf so hard idk why even. Go watch the vid from where mr.gm asks if rdf is coming and draw ur own conclusions.

RDF is coming in Phase 2 basically confirmed. They literally stated they didnt want RDF early because people would “gear too fast”.

If you check my post history you’ll see ive advocated for this very thing, but did you watch the video? because this post is very much misconstruing his words and is severely copium to the point that its a troll. Not the “RDF SURVEY” level troll but close.

That was not my intention, I was merely conveying the information. While I’d love to read a pro-RDF sentiment, he said, as I stated in the TITLE of my post, that there will not be RDF.

People drew their own conclusions from there because he did stipulate the first few weeks part, and whether those conclusions are true will be something we have to find out.

Anyone before you get your hopes up please go watch the video and draw your own conclusion, this topic is AT BEST misleading.

1 Like

If they added RDF in from the start, people would be full ilvl200 before naxx even opened and crying for ulduar because theres nothing to do.

RDF is not coming in phase 1, but it will definitely be in the game before the end.

How is it misleading? Where am I being misleading? I conveyed it accurately and was specifically conveying that he said no. You’re misreading my post and that’s on you.