Kris Zierhut interview states no RDF but will implement tank/healer dungeon incentives

Multiboxing heroic+ carries will be pretty profitable now

Thanks for the hookup, Blizz <3

RDF is a Wrath feature, and Wrath Classic should have Wrath features. This is like saying Wrath shouldn’t have Wintergrasp.

Classic community is a nice myth. It’s all boosting and GDKPs. At low levels, it’s already hard to find a group for dungeons. Nobody talks, people just do their quests, group up to tag a mob then disband without saying a word. This is the community aspect they want to preserve ? This community argument is a lie. RDF won’t destroy what doesn’t exist. And it’s not 2008 anymore.

4 Likes

I’ve simply watched chat for weeks, i have seen NOONE in the ridiculous hours outside of work ive spent on the game even mention it.

Essentially we didn’t.
We fought random baddies, the aforementioned airship battle, and killed some stuff on his spine, then watched Thrall and friends kill him. Cata for me started the “player isn’t the winner, its the NPC’s” trend

1 Like

True yeah. ICC actually felt like HELL YEA I BEAT THE LICH KING

1 Like

It’s fun when the cool NPC’s show up and do a thing, but the game should have the players as the victors, not remove us from the story entirely just to show do nothing NPC’s landing the final blow.

1 Like

It is not a lie. Community simply exists because you play on a specific server with that population. Guess what … that’s a community by definition. Granted most are like that recluse in the old house at the end of the street but i’ve found people to generally be quiet because people are jerks today … most people i talk to first end up chatter boxes. They just simply get sick of the crap dealing with others. Social media has made people introverts.

1 Like

I understand why you want it but right now the plan is not to put it into the game.

No caveats no maybe laters. Basically the same thing they said on aug 8th.

I’m playing through Shadowlands at the moment and Thrall acting like he doesn’t even know me, they just call me “This champion here” as if i’m just some nobody lol. So bad

Bloomsday is a known forum troll just ignore him.

2 Likes

Then I won’t be playing very long. And I’ll be charging people for tanking/healing just like everyone else.

They really need to realize you can’t social engineer people into doing things in this game when we had options that already fixed the problem, denying it only creates more issues.

3 Likes

12 MILLION concurrent subs is insane for any MMO. Adding 500k additional subs isn’t some tiny drop in a bucket.

1 Like

Granted for it’s time it wasn’t considering the avg person was using dialup or dsl at best. Its still a small percentage in growth no matter how you frame it. Like ive said numerous times since i thought it out … RDF should be there for 1-80 normal dungeons as it basicly solves 90% of the issues people are having with it not there. Heroics are a stepping stone to raids by design. You can kill anything in the world mostly with just dungeon gear easily. Leave heroics for catchup like they are saying and using LFG.

Show me any other MMO that has ever come close to 12 million concurrent subs. Heroic+ is going to be the catchup. The next difficulty above Heroic. Let RDF be for Normal/Heroic and let Heroic+, like Mythic+, be confined to the groups you make.

3 Likes

Where did i say it wasnt successful but claiming 500k growth out of the already existing 11.5 million being huge just isnt. Wow see’s this with expansion releases and content releases avidly i would venture to say. Especially for the time this game existed in wrath. There wasnt alot of other options worth playing. Like i said its still growth yes but to make it sound exponential in how you relay it is rather unfair. 500 000 is 4.34783% of 11.5 million. See how that can change the outlook on it?

Who killed Arthas again?

The players all got wrecked and had to be saved by an NPC.

1 Like

We the players at least got to fight him directly is more my point. With Deathwing we got to fight adjacent to him instead of actually hitting him.

1 Like

Yeah, that is the same garbage they did before. They said nothing in this interview except we are adding mythic dungeons.

Completely out of touch they are.

They absolutely are. They are terrified of communicating with the playerbase because of the reactions they get from us. Now they’re making changes in order to force us to socialize and communicate with each other more. They want us to tear each other apart.

2 Likes