Kiting is not Evade Bugging

So you are saying when a paladin bubbles - the mobs stop dead in their tracks. From my experience they contine to move towards the pally and beat on the bubble.

Thats what im saying - they were BUGGED OUT - there was no one there.

so many dont understand threat table in classic, and it working difrently then retail… but yea :woman_shrugging:

This whole thread is… when alliance ride to drek its pve content, yet when horde hide behind WM its tactic… when alliance kite and use paladin classfeature, its exploits… but when horde racials is brought up, its working as intended …

So yea lol…

1 Like

Depends on what version of “Vanilla” components we use…

Cant’ say this is a pure 1.12 because it’s not, if that were so then we would be using 10% DR on Honor kills rather than 25% like 1.4 Honor system.

If it were a pure 1.12 era experience then the loot tables would be different for certain items, but we’re using the 1.3 loot drop locations with 1.12 itemization…

AKA a franken-patch…

So with that said it’s fair game to ask for Pre-1.11 AV so that this kinda crap comes to an end with AV pushing the actual PVP game backinto WSG where it belongs.

2 Likes

This seems to be the heart of the argument people are getting at. It’s not so much, “We want version X of BG” as much as it is, “We don’t want to do our honor grind in AV,” or at least, that’s how it appears to me.

Well it really boils down to this…

What was the most persistent way to “GRIND” the honor system in Actual Vanilla WoW as most players enjoyed it??

That would be WoW as it was LONG before 1.12 and CRBG’s…

In that “Vanilla” that everyone remembers WSG was the way, and I assure you it was the only way…

Now in Classic 2019 because of CRBG we’re playing a version of WoW that existed for just under 3 months…

Do you see where the problem is?

1.12 as much as it was part of vanilla, it was by no means the bulk experience that people remember…

Heck there were TONS of players who took a break when 1.12 was out in wait for TBC, because doing Naxx was kinda pointless with TBC looming so close.

1 Like

The reason it wasn’t patched out is irrelevant.

This is perfectly demonstrated by the recent announcement regarding Juju Flurry:

“We also did some digging into our bug database from the Original WoW era and found that we had in fact filed a bug for this behavior while the original game was current, but the issue was not actually fixed until the Burning Crusade pre-patch (patch 2.0.3). As this bug was present throughout Original WoW, we do not currently consider it to be a bug and is merely an aspect of the original game that was carried over into Classic.”

Even if Blizzard did believe or does now believe what is happening in AV to be a bug, the fact that’s how it was in vanilla means it will not be changed.

They didn’t work that way in vanilla. That’s why it was fixed.

That’s how it worked in vanilla.

Agreed. Their inconsistency is an issue.

Sure, if you want to call it that. I don’t really care how you describe it. Regardless, all of those individual states existed in vanilla. That is to say, the items existed with that itemization, those drop tables existed, and the DR was 25% at some point.

I’d much prefer they simply chose one patch and went with it, but picking and choosing within vanilla is better than saying we do something entirely different than vanilla.

That’s not what’s being asked for here, though.

Pre-1.11 AV wouldn’t prevent what you’re seeing here; it’d simply delay the time it takes for the Alliance to get to Drek’s room to do it.

2 Likes

While I have no doubt there are a million things that can be abused and bugged in AV, I have no idea what your screenshot is supposed to be proving.

Bugged warmasters, standing there chasing nothing when the game ended. I apolagise in advance for not recording it for your viewing pleasure.

Go into AV - pull a warmaster - make it path there and watch it bug out.

1 Like

If this is the enire basis behind your agument that ‘things didnt work this way in vanilla’ - why did they implement a change to addons communicating with each other completly breaking an addon that was heavily used (by myself) to q premades for av. This is the description of said addon:

Preform AV Enabler allows the group/raid leader to solo queue everybody (with this addon) simultaneously with a button press. In addition, the group/raid leader can also force members with the addon installed to either leave queues or join the majority’s battleground instance. A status window allows all those with the addon installed to view the current queue status of each other.

And a pic of the addons ingame interface. (look at that - it worked even up until eots)

The status window’s information includes: if a member’s battlefield instance window is open or not and which battlemaster it is, if they are queued for any battlegrounds, which battleground instances they received, which battleground they may be in, and if they have deserter or not and its current duration.

The automation feature will auto-queue the raid when everybody is ready, and auto-join or auto-leave queues depending on the threshold set.

To use, open a battlemaster window and click the Preform AV Enabler button, type /preformav, or click “Preform” on the menu that appears when right clicking the minimap battleground icon.

So weird. I played ally back in vanilla. I don’t remember this behavior at all in AV but it was a long time ago. I do remember being part of pre-mades for AB and WSG to help some people get rank 14 though.

Was this same thing with Drek happening on private servers?

Many of you seem very confused as to what kiting is. Any pally who pulls is required to have speed pots or skull of impending doom so they run faster and create space between them and the mobs. Getting out of charge range! If done properly they shouldn’t hit you because the premade should have good enough dps to kill within 15-20 seconds

The mages complaining must really be bad if you don’t use the exact same method to kill everything.

I know exactly what kiting is - at what distance do mobs stand there and not follow you anymore - they follow you until they reset - there was no paladin next to said mobs in a bubble.

What caused those mobs to STOP in place and allow a paladin to continue to run?

That is from a warrior taunting all and running the mobs back outside the room when they reset if the paladin gets killed. Any decent premade will have a warrior ready to taunt and run Incase of a bad pull. I think your mad about the amount of coordination some of the high ranker premades have

1 Like

Where is the warrior?

Again - what cause the mobs to stop dead in their tracks and not continue to chase whoever had aggro?

Ummmmm the end of the game caused them to stop running lol. And to even further discredit your “evidence” that isn’t even the direction a paladin would pull them lol. We usually run to waterfall but I have kite through village as well. You just risk random mobs staggering you.

Hmm, I can’t really comment with total certainty, but I’d wager the old add-on communicating in the way that add-ons do in Classic now: via whispers, raid, party, etc.

The limitation that was made recently was the ability to send messages to player-made channels, such as World chat or channels created specifically for add-ons to use.

There is an add-on that exists currently that is similar to the one you’ve shown:
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/avq/

I don’t use it, really, since I just queue by communicating over voice communications.

As to why Blizzard implemented those changes, I don’t really know. I actually advocated for the old macro/add-on APIs. If I were to guess why they removed it, it’s probably this:

Again im sorry for not recording it for your viewing pleasure - the mobs where standing there not chasing anyone and then the game ended.

That’s not the picture you took though. Also that’s how pictures work… things don’t move lol

If it automated in vanilla - by the nochanges mentality - it should automate in classic. See my argument now - just because something could doesnt mean it belongs in classic because of changes already in game making it vastly different from actual vanilla

The addon you linked may be similar but it does not allow the raid/party lead to control it. #Somechanges already.

Because the game ended while i was wondering what they were doing standing there. Do the warmasters stop dead in their tracks before the game has finished. You need to understand i seen this behaviour - i didnt record it. Feel free to go test it yourself and record your findings.

This is why we argued for no changes way back when. The slippery slope is real.