Kill Baine Bloodhoof

That is the most hilarious looking orc I have ever seen, the funny thing is he has the Archimonde hood

Pretty sure he allows those who try to flee to flee. The only ones killed are those helping the wrongdoing of Derrek to the death.

lol they added that “fix” after people starting talking about it. The fact that he resorts to murder just to help Jaina is pretty telling.

1 Like

So? Maybe that was always meant to be implemented, and it was just put out in that first way just to put the initial quest to the test before implementing the sparing mechanic. And one way or another, it’s irrelevant - he only kills people who are complacent in violating Derek.

Canon is canon, even if it bothers you.
Nothing wrong with killing people who will give their lives to protect wrongdoing.

1 Like

It actually wasn’t. The quest straight up had Baine attack all the Forsaken on that ship. Threads like this Why is Baine okay with killing Forsaken to free Derek? forced Blizzard to add that feature to the quest. Even then, it’s just a pretty big wtf moment for Baine to attack Horde guards. They were doing their job.

Personally I’m glad that Baine didn’t just stand there and do nothing while confronted with immense evil just because the perpetrators were wearing red

3 Likes

Doing your job isn’t an excuse for all evil.

1 Like

I just said that might have been an initial implementation, with the sparing to be added later - things in PTR are meant to be added overtime. You have no proof that Baine wasn’t always meant to spare the guards, and it simply was just added later on - and you ALSO have no proof that it was threads like that that made the change.

And furthermore, it’s not really relevant, because it’s still what happened. If Baine - the leader of a faction - can wise up and realize what they’re doing to someone is wrong, so can the guards. A lot of them do. Some of them don’t. People who are complacent with violating someone’s entire free will in order to make they themselves kill a loved one aren’t exactly going to net any sympathy points.

Since when did guarding a ship ordered by the Warchief become a crime? You might as well hold the entirety of the Horde, including, Baine responsible for the burning of Teldrassil then. If it wasn’t for them, especially Saurfang, Sylvanas would have never got that far.

1 Like

You are correct.

A crime? I’m not saying it is a crime. But raising someone from the grave then brain washing them to kill their family seems wrong to me. Guarding that situation is furthering that.

They certainly share some responsibility for launching a war of aggression.

1 Like

Remember when Arthas ordered Uther to commit an atrocity on his own authority as the future High King of the Alliance and he said “You are not my king yet, nor would I obey that command even if you were?”

That was pretty cool IMO, it’s too bad there aren’t any Horde characters able to do the same thing.

2 Likes

Well hey. You said it, not me.

1 Like

:wink: Saurfang is responsible for this war. It was his strategy and it was thanks to him Sylvanas made it to Teldrassil. Baine and the others also for not speaking up. And then Baine again for betraying the Horde by helping the very person that massacred Dazar’Alor.

1 Like

You keep saying this as though it’s a gotcha when pretty much everyone agrees that this is correct.

1 Like

Would you rather he help the person who was trying to get the Horde killed in mass to feed their souls to superhell? Baine identified a pattern of sociopathy and cruelty that he correctly surmised didn’t jive with what the Horde should be. One might think he’d have done that at Teldrassil, but hey, better late than never.

You keep highlighting Saurfang and Baine’s complacency with the Burning as if we’re overlooking it, but we’re not. It’s just that his decision to STOP helping this insane woman’s machinations finally was the positive tipping point for him. Him offing people horrible enough to help her with her horrible deeds is fine by me.

4 Likes

That’s what I said. Sylvanas had even worse motives. But all the leaders are partly at fault. Like, I agree…

Again what? His help aided in ending the war by building cooperation.

1 Like

Yeah, this. If Baine does nothing, the rebellion doesn’t start (at least not then). The war escalates further, probably continuing on through N’Zoth’s release, and more people die under Warchief Sylvanas’s rule, all of them going straight to the Maw.

Baine did an objectively good thing here.

Baine is nothing but a traitor. Can’t wait to have him killed. Hise useless butt will be burned alive on a pyre outside of Orgrimmar for betraying the Horde to the Alliance. Never again will the Alliance control the Horde actions through their puppet Baine. Down with any alliance symphatizers.

1 Like