Kicked from Dungeon because of being on Oceanic Server!

My 600ms days where way back in BC and Wrath. Over a decade ago.

So you are basically saying, stuff everyone outside the US. You think we should be disadvantaged because you don’t want a very minor degree of annoyance during rare occasions where you experience some degree of higher than normal world ms.

You will forgive me if I do not agree. We pay the same sub, the same expansions costs and the same costs for anything else we pay for in relation the game. Yet we should be shoved off into a corner and forced into hour-long queues in a way that would enrage you if it were to happen to you.

No thank you very much.

1 Like

Australia is about a decade behind when it comes to internet speeds and infrastructure.

Also I’ve never been kicked for being oceanic, but I’m sure I’ve been passed up because of it.

Weird, I play from nz on US servers (I just love hanging out with Americans for some reason) and experience around 100 less latency than the aussies here are talking about.

Are you guys on regular broadband or something?

As a side note, back many years ago I used to play on US servers with 480ms, fun times.

Anything over 160 is high for me now. Watching people complain about 80ms is hilarious to me. It’s barely noticeable.

1 Like

Stop marking yourself as a leader and you won’t have this problem. I would vote to kick you as well tbh although at that stage of the instance it wouldn’t solve the problem.

If latency doesn’t bother you just don’t make yourself leader and then others don’t have to put up with the lag.

I don’t pug a lot but I’ve rarely ran into a situation where it became a problem but honestly I’m not surprised. Today’s player seems a lot more rushed and as such a lot less accepting of variables.

Depends on the routing. I usually get 300ms when I am put on oceanic and I can notice that almost immediately.

Well yeah, I said that 80ms is barely noticeable. You’re talking 300…

I’m an Oceanic player who plays on US realms, never had an issue kicking anything, ever…

Not saying it doesn’t suck to be stuffed into a server where your ping is 300ms higher than usual, but I think you’re vastly overplaying how bad it is. WoW isn’t some kinda twitch shooter where every second counts.

1 Like

My understanding (Which seems to be right from other replies) is that if the group is on an oceanic server (Which it usually is for me as I tick that “make me the leader” flag for that very reason).

So even if somebody was to kick me because of my server, it won’t change their latency at all, they’d have to disband and requeue as well.

I got kicked on my Disc priest because I was 3rd in DPS and in the words of the super wise Warrior Tank who had a problem with this:

“You can’t DPS as a healer.”

Despite not a single death…

I love people

I understand your point of view, I was just making a suggestion that would help ensure the situation the OP ran into didn’t occur. The only other choice is to continue as we currently are and accept that from time to time, a group while remove you over the performance hit you might bring.

Nothing against Oceanic players.

Yeah, but as someone said in this thread, remove that person, nothing will change. So it is pointless to vote-to-kick someone because of there region.

I don’t mean exclude Oceanic from the groups, but rather it should use US servers to host LFG/LFR unless it is a premade from the Oceanic region.
So we would still be mixed together but hosting would always be on US servers unless no US players are present. No change in queue times, just better connections for the majority side all the time instead of a crap shoot.

That way the majority gets the connection they are paying for.

I’m playing a game developed and sold in the US, that was hosted exclusively on US servers for years(for NA players), I would like to go back to the same standard of quality that we had before Oceanic got its own hosting.

But it actually does in the mid to high tier levels of play.

If you react slowly to an aoe mechanic on most bosses or higher range keystones you will absolutely die every single time and the latency does mess with character positioning. That’s why when you suffer higher latency in a pvp setting a moving target is an absolute nightmare if you’re melee because the image you’re seeing isn’t actually in that very spot. The delayed image is usually a few feet further ahead of what you’re seeing and that puts you on the back foot.

Then there is the issue that quite a few American players like myself don’t just suffer a 300ms increase. It very rarely just stops at 300 and 90% of the time progresses into the 4-500+ range that anyone sitting at a sub 50ms connection will find unplayable and impossible to deal with. Just the issues it causes on your muscle memory alone for rotations is a big deal to most people.

As I said above I still invite players from oceanic to runs all the time. But since I’m hosting they usually are the ones paying the price of latency. I’ve even ran in a few oceanic keystones where my latency took a turn for the worst, but I always prep for that by doing lower keys where my sub optimal performance won’t hinder their completion time since most of the mechanics sub+5 aren’t very life threatening.

I definitely get what you’re trying to say. However, you shouldn’t downplay the impact it has on performance as it’s extremely jarring in most situations even if you’re used to it.

So, the only answer for you is to let the Oceanic Suffer all the time except for some small cases while the US Players gets more love pushed towards them? Because that is not how it all works.

Gotta remember, vast majority of the time, most groups are US, and the only time when most groups are Oceanic are more during Oceanic Peak Times which I am uncertain of when that actually is.

Well, that’s easy. Same thing everyone else gets told, form your own group. This game maybe developed in the US, but doesn’t mean it is a game design to only be for the US to play. Sold worldwide, and everyone is entitled to play it, regardless of what region they are from.

Us Oceanics are also entitled to play the game without lag as well. But we’re also entitled to do things with everyone and not get kicked for being in a different region.

Majority of instances I run are put on US instance servers, yet you don’t see me rushing to the forums crying about it, or trying to kick people from US realms.

Since Aussies are used to 200ms, we don’t act like entitled children when it comes that high doing instanced content.

1 Like

The point I am trying to (apparently unsucessfully) make is that for the vast majority of the time, you do get that service.

Last night I took an alt into Stromgarde, during night Oceanic play (which would have been about 4 or 5am Pacific US time). Even at that time, my world ms sat at about 175. So at peak Monday night time for me and seriously off peak local time for American players, I still had this issue.I can’t even remember the last time I did a current expansion WQ at local server ms numbers.

Its almost as if your wish for automatic placement of all players onto a US server shard happens anyhow. And its also possible that other factors are affecting both our world ms at such times - things like the inclusion of South American players, problems with sharding, the weird parthing that has apparently been happening throughout the game, and so on. We may all be affected in this way, and to put the blame only on having people from here in the group may not be entirely justified.

You missed the point and managed to toss out another pointless insult.

But you keep doing you.

When I play games that are located outside of the US I take whatever latency issues I have and go with it. I made the decision to play a game that has servers nowhere near my point of origin. While some people might come here and suggest outlandish things like total segregation of communities based on real world locations, I’d say it’s fair to assume that the vast majority of us don’t think this way.

So instead of a dismissive attitude and childish insults to an entire country of people who all have their very own differing opinions, why don’t we keep this ship upright so the points you’re trying to make don’t fall overboard.

1 Like

The OCE servers, and the OCE instance servers are located in Australia.

So you should expect to be put onto an oce instance server once in a blue moon.

The first one was a joke, if you read the post you would know.

But i forgot that some people in the US take things at face value and think everything in an insult.

And yes, I do feel that some people from the US act like entitled children who should only get what they want. Several posts in this thread support this. To the point where they say “good, you deserved to be kicked” or “Make it so I don’t get put with OCE people period”. Sometimes both.