Kicked from Dungeon because of being on Oceanic Server!

Ok, I thought to level my Warrior on Frostmourne, and well, on top of questing, thought to pop into a Dungeon as well. Sure enough, after a nice long 30 minute wait, a dungeon pops. Not even close to the first boss, and I get removed from the dungeon. I whispered someone to find out why I was kicked. The reply was because I am Oceanic, and causing everyone else in the group to have 500ms.

Now, I can understand the problem some people have when they get lag from latency, after all, nobody enjoys it, but my main here is on Thrall. I deal with 260ms and it doesn’t bother me, Oceanic Players had to deal with High Latency for 10 years, and yet, some people can’t handle one dungeon with someone who is playing from an Oceanic Server, especially when a dungeon isn’t Heroic, Mythic or Mythic+.

But the thing is, I don’t get why people should be kicked from dungeons for the region they’re playing from.

11 Likes

i play at 23 ms im not sure how in the hell u manage to play at 260 ms

thats like playing with a haste stealing debuff that increases ur gcd by 30+%

23 Likes

Because I am also from Sydney, Australia.

2 Likes

you folk are infamous for playing well with horrible latency.

5 Likes

I too face sudden experience of high spike in dungeons, it work’s well in solo content but during dungeon and other group content, the world MS spikes up and causes lag

But is it also far to force the other members of the group to suffer a less enjoyable game experience due to your ping? How about an option that will allow the system to exclude those from different regions? It would be optional and using it would come with the clear warning that it would slow down the dungeon finder process.

11 Likes

I’ve been “uninvited” from an oceanic group. Which I didn’t blame them. It was for a +13 a while ago.

But content you can queue for? Pointless to care about a person playing from oceanic.

4 Likes

Sorry, but the idea of that will never work. Take for example, right now it is 5:05am here. If there was an option, a queue time for a Normal Dungeon could be around 3-4 hours waiting time, due to most people would be asleep. That is just a Normal Dungeon Queue Time.

Some people seem to make a big deal of it though.

1 Like

Well then I guess you are stuck with groups being able to remove you for your region causing a negative effect upon their game experience.

2 Likes

if i was playing with 260ms i would’ve quit this game already lol. That’s just too much for me to handle

9 Likes

Dude, it is queuable, and a “Normal Dungeon”. People should have every right to do anything in game without being removed due to the region they’re playing from. Same thing with Heroic Dungeons, LFR, etc.

4 Likes

And you can, just like everyone else in the world should have the right to enjoy that content without being forced to do so thru an addition 500+ MS of lag.

7 Likes

I completely forgot that it is Sunday over there, and with your post, making Sunday also feel like a nightmare.

3 Likes

Problem is, people are used to playing with 30ms or at least less than 100ms (I’m in the uk and mine is only 100ms for example) which has negligible impact on gameplay. Once ping gets to 300ms there is a very noticable issue with casting and positioning… and it makes the game unfun… get to 500-600ms and it’s unplayable for many,

Unfortunately for you, the people you queued into didn’t want to put up with the lag… and I’ll add, just because you are used to that ms, doesn’t mean other players are. It does make the game unplayable for the vast majority of players.

10 Likes

If I get more than a hundred for any extended period of time, I reset my router to clear out whatever the issue is. Sorry Sara but there is no way I would play an instance at 500+ just because one person is from across the world.

Ok, well maybe if we were really good friends or you slipped me some candy eggs on the side.

5 Likes

I play with 160ms and it’s normal for me.
Also, lag doesn’t work like that lol

1 Like

I like how his argument is “You can’t force me out because you want to”

But it’s ok to force me to play at a quality below of what I have? Sorry, but no, thankfully you’re not a dev

7 Likes

I have never once had anyone join a group and cause the ping to jump to 500 or at all even. Not sure how that happens when the dungeon servers are fixed.

4 Likes

yes lag does work like that

No it really does not and you’d have to play with a stable 200ms connection to understand it.