Kicked from Dungeon because of being on Oceanic Server!

Oce players wont let us into mythics with them… so yah what comes round bruh

1 Like

“I just skipped through the entire thread without reading even one post and said it is a Wah Wah Vote Kick thread.”

Maybe you should read through the thread before trolling with bad manners.

my opinion is that when players kick they are a wah wah kind of person… I think you mis read my meaning.

1 Like

No, I think you missed the entire point of the thread. Oh right, sorry, I forgot, US players are allowed to cry about being put into Oceanic Instances, but Oceanics are not allowed to talk about how they get kicked out of a dungeon because of the region they’re playing from.

xcuse me I am formally at Unrealtournament Player I had to go on UK servers more than not to have any witty fun…I played with a lot of lag…It was my choice and concerning WoW I don’t think people should have the right to kick for any lame excuse.

i think it’s total crap that that happened to you. we’re not all this way.

Well, that is what I am getting at.

Man, just because some people in the US thinks they’re entitled to everything doesn’t mean all people in the US think the same way. I met a lot of good players from the US, and have no issues. There is some out there that think this game is more meant for them than it is for everybody.

Back on 2004 = 400-500ms on US

Pandaria till now…
300ms for Oceanic
230ms for US

Used to it.

Dude settle down. Getting all grrly snippy on me… what is your point…, I didn’t say everyone is completely lame… I have seen my share of inconsiderate ppl since late 2004. Your post wasn’t worth trolling I was just agreeing…

2 Likes

When you get stuck with high latency for most of your early gaming life you either get used to it or don’t play. At least with WoW it is possible, try playing DOTA or LOL and you will see that anything over 200 is actually unplayable.

Some games you just have to accept that unless there is a local server you can only do so much.

Sorry, kinda tired man. Kinda hard though to get some sleep when the state government likes to do so many projects here that will bring nothing but more utter chaos

1 Like

OP claims players in their dungeon had 500ms latency. Those other players were either lying, or have terrible broadband.

Np… I apologize too…I can get kind of snarky too. The time has come where the world runs 24/7 we all get caught up in some sort of RL grind…It can burn a person at both ends…peace~

laurel

2 Likes

I’m sorry you got kicked after such a long wait, but from the other players perspective it is not fun to suddenly play the game with a delay.

I know for me personally whenever I end up in an Oceanic group for something, it takes the game a few minutes to even adjust properly to being on a different server, with constant freezing and stuttering. After that, everything just feels slow and off.

It would be one thing for it to always just be that way, and not have these wild swings in connectivity, but it’s really jarring when you go from sub 50ms to 250-500ms without any warning. I can only imagine if someone is already on a slow connection in the US that it would be much much worse.

LFG/LFR should only use US servers, imo, unless it is a premade Oceanic group. Your servers are a minority of the NA player base.

4 Likes

Sorry, but I disagree with you there. Because that is pushing away Oceanic from grouping. LFD/LFR means you’re going to get random people, and regardless of region as well. Keeping everything US Based, especially instance wise, it is not a good idea.

i did a key last night
i typically have 12 ms
i dont mind 60 or 80 even close to 100

but man def refuse to play with oce realm that shoots everyone else in the group to nearly unplayable 250-300

you kick a cast at the beginning and the kick doesnt go off till the cast finishes

or you’re tanking and you go to deathstrike and it doesnt go off until you’re dead
it’s unreal
it makes alot of tanks/healers unplayable
like sure AUS dps dont mind “get used to it!” but it actually interacts with game mechanics on roles that have to think beyond ‘1-2-3’

Yeah, but if you group, and your getting around 250-300ms, usually, it isn’t the Oceanic players fault. An Oceanic Player can’t control on how much latency you’re going to get when your put into an Oceanic Intance.

Ideally everyone would only be connected to their own region, but Oceanic isn’t big enough to support itself.
As a US player, I feel penalized when I get stuck in an Oceanic group. We are already the majority host of LFR/LFG, but for now Blizz feels the same way as you.

A warning of some sort would be nice when you’re about to be switched over to a slower connection. Instead we have to start looking at what server everyone is from to try and figure out if it’s crossrealm lag or actual connection issues.

One thing I wish they would implement asap, that would only be beneficial, is when joining a group in open world content is to be put back on a local server after leaving that group. I’m sure it happens to Oceanic players far more often but nothing worse than playing with lag until you logout because you joined a group to do one quest 30m ago.

1 Like

That’s actually pretty average when I would pvp in the early morning and be instanced onto an oceanic server. I’d start out at the normal ranges and it would spike all the way up over 500 every single time and become unplayable.

No matter how great you think you might be if you’re sitting at 500+ ms against any halfway decent group of players who aren’t, you will be systematically rolled into oblivion while doing absolutely nothing of value for your team.

Works the same in dungeons too. There is something about the connection when hitching a ride over to oceanic. My friends when they end up on us get half of that. But I almost always go above 500 every single time and my Internet is extremely strong.

People can claim how good they are at queuing spells and various other basic dps tasks, but in places like high keys with affixes like quaking and other things that will flat out kill you or oom your healer it’s a terrible burden and you end up forcing others to shoulder it. I’ve still invited plenty of oceanic players to my keys though even during the time the addon was available that was excluding them.

How many years some of you had no choice but to accept it is irrelevant when you try to bring that up to Americans. We have simply never had to get used to it outside of the early days of crappy satalite if you were unfortunate enough to live somewhere without cable options (this was me for the first 2 years with 2-4 second delays on average).

You will simply never get people who expect top notch performance at all times to accept anything less.

This just seems unnecessary to call people crybabies who expect the services they’re paying for to run optimally and without delay. Especially if the service they’re paying for is located in their home country.

People do care and their action of removing them will do absolutely nothing. Once an instance is started the location will never change until all members have left the party and it drops.

So they ended up replacing the sole person that was capable of full function with another person who probably wasn’t. This is something that the devs should put out there as a warning. If you end up playing at odd hours you will get oceanic players and if you end up on an oceanic server you can either leave or ride it out. No amount of kicking will change that instances server location.

1 Like

who cares whos fault it is

i’m not blaming oce specifically
i dont HATE the person

i hate the mechanic and therefore the solution is to remove them

previously oce would always be put into US servers
they complained so randomly at some point in legion blizzard decided “fine if oce ends up being lead we put everyone in an oce instance, fair?”

all it did was make people blacksheep oce players

1 Like